help please

114th hande Hoch

just a quick question it has been brought to my attention that a member of my clan has been kicked and banned from a server for the following:-

[09.20.2006 22:36:41] VIOLATION (MD5TOOL) #9002: *name heldback in case innocent* (slot #20) MD5Tool Mismatch: CoD2.exe (len=32) [c9e89d220ea4b4e77e2bf6f82364ec(VALID) *ip heldback in case innocent*]

could anyone clarify for me that this is a hack/cheat?

Edited by 114th hande Hoch

I've done some digging around and discovered it was a No CD patch installer for the single player version. I can send anyone the file if they'd like to review it.

I'd forgotten I'd installed it months ago. I was fed up of retreiving the disk everytime I wanted to play SP.

On it's way.

Thanks.

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Your message was not delivered because the destination computer refused to accept it (the error message is reproduced below). This type of error is usually due to a mis-configured account or mail delivery system on the destination computer; however, it could be caused by your message since some mail systems refuse messages with invalid header information, or if they are too large.

Your message was rejected by smtp-10.post.sk for the following reason:

Error: attachment type not allowed

Hosting it instead at

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kelly.newton1/cod2.exe

a support ticket was issued to evenbalance and they have stated they will not issue a global ban for an md5tool mismatch.

tbh if evenbalance thought this was a cheat they would be the first to issue a global ban for it and after checking other forums it has been found that a no cd patch or a misplaced or corrupt file can cause this md5tool mismatch so the 114th support skipper on this.

a support ticket was issued to evenbalance and they have stated they will not issue a global ban for an md5tool mismatch.

Not all md5tool missmatches are linked to cheates some are and some are not

and in this case it was proven to be a no cd crack so there for was the ban lifted