You have been kicked by Punkbuster

lostcauses

With absolutely nothing to go on, the reply is what I would expect tbh.

As far as I am aware your the only player from the thousands that play pb enabled servers that this particular problem has affected.

I personally would elect to try a complete uninstall/re-install .. making sure that everything was installed to the default locations, and before trying to enter a server I would make sure I ran pbsetup.exe to ensure my client PB was bang up to date.

Yes, I did try this........ The first time before this happened I had it installed on D: then when I reinstalled I tried C: (Default)

Hello - I am having an issue with BF2142. I have been playing it for about 2/3 months with a few PB problems. I did a complete wipe of my HD and all worked for about a month. I keep getting kicked with this error - Cannot remove pbag.dll after unloading. I have pulled all BF2142 entries out of the registry, removed all EA folders from C:\Programs as well as all PB folders ( PB does not appear to load any registry entries).

I reinsyalled, and a few moments after playing it happens again. I read on another forum to try - pb_security 0 in the console, and this just seems to let me play a few moments longer before getting kicked. I have tried the PB update program from the Even Balance web site, and after that I get a new message stating - Insufficient OS Priveleges. I am absolutely tired of trying to play this game, and what is more frustrating is I payed $50 for it. I played many other PB enabled games and competed in Cal/OGL leagues and have never had any problem like this.

If anyone can please help me or give me some much needed direction, it will be greatly appreciated. The guys that talked me into buying this to play with them are all catching up to me in ranks as I can no longer play now lol. Thanks for any help from anyone.

I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Insufficient O/S Privileges"?

Download and run this file from any location, it will check for adware that stops you from being able to play on PB servers. The VX2 adware edits your user rights when it infects your computer, and many programs do not repair this when they remove it.

http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/VX2Finder(126).exe

Click the "Find VX2.betterinternet info" button to make sure that you don't have this adware. If there are no files listed, go on to the last step. If you find the adware files, (it is usually 3 random named dll files) Select all the files found.

Press 'Delete These Files'. The program will delete all files but one that will be deleted on reboot. Allow program to reboot. Once Restarted:

* Press 'Guardian.reg'.

* Press 'User Agent'.

* Press 'Restore Policy'.

Clicking on "find vx2.BetterInternet info" again should show all fields blank.

If you have no adware files, just click on the "Restore Policy" Button

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=faq-bf2142.php

I tried this, it seem to fix back my GUID to what it use to be(Checked against the clan server logs I still have access to it :) ) But I still get the kick & message.

Posted Image

I tried this, it seem to fix back my GUID to what it uses to that that happens with me.

• 6 months later...

Hey i have like a similiar problem too. I go on the nonce the server loads it kicks me off with a box saying Punkbuster then i go to a different server and it says

PB important (Confail) violation #132 :o :huh:

can any1 help me i don't have any hacks and updated the game and punkbuster as well and i'm gettin pretty pissed off cuz i can't play multiplayer for bf2142! :angry: