Corrupted file/memory (81159)

goldfish

Hi, I'm new here and try to understand some of the PB banning policies, and I'm getting prrety frusted!

I've been banned today after re-installing BF2 on my PC (corrupted file/memory (81159)), because I'm using a NOCD on a legitimate game I invested in! The reason I'm using a NOCD is not to have to use 2 DVD's to play this game on our two PC's and be able to go multiplayer with my son, and also to avoid using the DVD!

It seems PB is unable to track any legitimate game, but they're able to track any (presumed) offender and banned them Global if they want!

Should I undersand PB security excessive anti-cheat policies will limit my investments intention regarding any games supprted by PB? (so far Electronic Arts, id Software, 2K, Red Storm Entertainment, Dream Execution Technology, Ubisoft and more to come...).

PB will do a great job keeping peoples away from some lucrative PC game business, if they don't change they're way of preventing fraud! ;)

A very angry customer! :angry: :flaminmad:

Thanks,

Goldfish!

Hi, I'm new here and try to understand some of the PB banning policies, and I'm getting prrety frusted!

I've been banned today after re-installing BF2 on my PC (corrupted file/memory (81159)), because I'm using a NOCD on a legitimate game I invested in! The reason I'm using a NOCD is not to have to use 2 DVD's to play this game on our two PC's and be able to go multiplayer with my son, and also to avoid using the DVD!

It seems PB is unable to track any legitimate game, but they're able to track any (presumed) offender and banned them Global if they want!

Should I undersand PB security excessive anti-cheat policies will limit my investments intention regarding any games supprted by PB? (so far Electronic Arts, id Software, 2K, Red Storm Entertainment, Dream Execution Technology, Ubisoft and more to come...).

PB will do a great job keeping peoples away from some lucrative PC game business, if they don't change they're way of preventing fraud! ;)

A very angry customer! :angry: :flaminmad:

Thanks,

Goldfish!

so what do you propose, PB supporting fraud? I'm sure you're violating the EULA

>Copy paste from BF2142 EULA..

BF2142 EULA is another story, (by the way, I don't and won't have BF2142).

"so what do you propose, PB supporting fraud? I'm sure you're violating the EULA": this comment is completly stupid!

You know it requires you to have a legitimate BF2 game to be able to dl the addons (which you have to pay for! ;) ). I just feel I should be able to use a NOCD to launch my legitimate games at any time. I completly support anti-cheat policies, but their must be a way to recognise legitimate games before banning users. ;)

What?! you are the one who made the stupid comment about "PB will do a great job keeping peoples away from some lucrative PC game business, if they don't change they're way of preventing fraud!"

remove BF2142 and substitute with BF2, I'm sure they are pretty much the same as far as EULA's go.

and you can't demand nor expect PB support a NOCD crack/modified game exe. NOCD cracks are not ADD ONS and i know you didn't pay for it because in a matter of 1 min. i was able to find one free.

2) why you are even posting this here is a mystery. Send your rant to EA games/Evenbalance.

we dont control pb we are just a privately ran pb support site.If you wish to appeal your ban via EB then contact them here http://www.punkbuster.com/troubleticket/ne...et.php?game=bf2

Again you will have to go to this link to appeal your ban and discuss with them the nocd they are the ones who have made it bannable or kickable.Please keep us informed on how it goes.Thank you.