Help about ban

Dzenkl

Hello SOF2 community.

I bought a "BEST OFF" Activision Soldier of Fortune 2 - GOLD EDITION , today - 8th December.

I'm trying to play online, but I'm automatically banned of ats seems to be NORMAL MODE games, while in the ROCMOD games I can play.

In other games I get a red text saying "BANNED"

I ended up on the punkbuster page. I need to know my GUID to appeal my case?

Is it possible that I bought a game with a non-original cd key?

regards,

Dzenkl

Try the following steps first:

- update PB http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

- start the MP game

- bring down console and put in /PB_MyGUID

- open the options menu for CD-Key and re-enter the original key that came with the game

- bring down console again, /PB_MyGUID and check if something changed ... ;)

Try the following steps first:

- update PB http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

- start the MP game

- bring down console and put in /PB_MyGUID

- open the options menu for CD-Key and re-enter the original key that came with the game

- bring down console again, /PB_MyGUID and check if something changed ... ;)

Hi. thanks for the reply.

I did what you said. but the two parameters cd key and GUID did not change from one step to another.

Should it have changed?

Hi. thanks for the reply.

I did what you said. but the two parameters cd key and GUID did not change from one step to another.

Should it have changed?

can I write my GUID here? for any administrator to help me out?

because i've just enterered my guid on the "CHECK GUID" tool. and this GUID is banned, and was in use for ages, and has millions of "DUPLICATED CD-KEY" warnings on the history.

Guess there is always a stupid guy who buys the official "Randomly Password Generators"......

My GUID already has an APPEAL case!

if you have bought a brand new game and the cd is already banned there are a couple of probable scenarios dependent on were you bought it :) but firstly I would check that the game cd key matches the one on your jewel case.

Some games have had a change of cd key happen when pb is run for the first time so thats the first check.

I know a guy in work who sells copied games that come in a sealed wrapper and are indistinguishable from the real thing .. each copy has the one cd key so pretty useless for online play.

I have also heard from an unofficial source that the limited copies of sof2 that have been released by raven have mistakenly been given the same cd key.

Whatever is the truth it seems there are a lot of players with a useless cd key that is already globally banned.

If you take it back were you bought it from tell them your not returning the game but want a working cd key for online play, make a note of the one you have now and if possible check in store if the new game they give you has a different cd key :)

sorry I cant be more upbeat about this m8 but I have come across some players who bought 5 copies of sof2 online from different countries and all had the same cd key.

Best of luck with your proposed game exchange and if you get this resolved please post and tell us how you get on :)