ETPro lua script for logging pbguid/IP etc

mcsteve

Mani asked me if I could write a script that would log certain details when players connected to his server. It worked out well, and I use it myself now. It is particularly handy if you submit SS to PBBans, you can get all the information you need from the one file rather than have to go through the pb logs and so I thought I'd share it.

Find it here.

A file will be created and for each player the following will be logged:

Date/time : ETProguid : name : pbguid : IP

Note: This is only for ETPro servers. If you dont know how to install lua scripts, please have a read of Bani forums and the wolfwiki first. If you still have problems, catch me in #pbbans.

Mani asked me if I could write a script that would log certain details when players connected to his server. It worked out well, and I use it myself now. It is particularly handy if you submit SS to PBBans, you can get all the information you need from the one file rather than have to go through the pb logs and so I thought I'd share it.

Find it here.

A file will be created and for each player the following will be logged:

Date/time : ETProguid : name : pbguid : IP

Note: This is only for ETPro servers. If you dont know how to install lua scripts, please have a read of Bani forums and the wolfwiki first. If you still have problems, catch me in #pbbans.

If you submit a pbss via your team account finding log details is not a prob for us anymore .. we have to do the ultra hard work of clicking a button :)

Heh heh very nice though one question how do you change where the hp is announced? I see on your server its in the left hand side where the kill is announced rather than middle of the screen in banner area

et.trap_SendServerCommand(victimnum, string.format("cpm \"" .. killername .. "^7 had^o " .. killerhp .. " ^7HP left\n"))

That's the line I use in my hpannounce script. The message is sent as "cpm", which appears to the client only on the left hand side of the screen. "cp" will print it in the middle, which I think is how the original script posted on bani forums did it.

BIG huge bump for stevey and the script

absolutely brilliant for finding peoples info...especially if they have been caught cheating and you need the info to do some detective work to submit to CB/TWL :P

thank you for this nice script. i will use it in combination with our server control panel so my co-admins can lookup users/guids etc :]

Edited by jarod