Punkbuster problems

ja_gangsta

Hey,

I am trying to get my new scrim server set up but I having a lot of problems with PB. I am continually getting the msg, " PB Client in Distress - Cannot Authenticate with PB server (A1293)". PB will then always kick me after about 3 mins of being in the server with the error msg, "This PB server requires (A1293 C1.285) - error loading pbag. My server side PB is up to date and I have tried EVERYTHING i can think of trying, including manually downloading all the updates from evenbalance, running pbsetup, and even deleting the entire htm folder on my server and running the pb_sv_update again.

I am really running out of ideas here and I hope someone here will be able to help

Thanks

[samurai]ja_gangsta

My server side PB is up to date and I have tried EVERYTHING i can think of trying, including manually downloading all the updates from evenbalance, running pbsetup, and even deleting the entire htm folder on my server and running the pb_sv_update again.

it is not just client-side becuz anyone else who connects is having the same problem. like i sed, i tried everything which included updated the server files and my own client files manually. not sure wat else to try

Edited by ja_gangsta

I still use pbweb to update servers that are being stubborn :P

sometimes older is better I find lol.

upload pbweb.x86 via ftp pbweb.rar

once its uploaded check the r/w/e permissions ... check every box

load putty

To start pbweb.x86. You need to 'cd' to the $home/.sof2/pb folder, to do this simply type;

cd /home/username/.sof2/pb

./pbweb.x86 this will start the program and it will then proceed to update your server.

:angry: i was hoping it would be something as simple as that, but unfortunately, it is still not working. my client verison and server versions seem to match up but the revs are different. the server is running A1293 and my client and everyone else that connects it running A0. not sure if that means anything. once i updated using ssh i updted my client again using pbsetup.exe from evenbalance which still did not help. any other suggestions?

PunkBuster Server: PunkBuster Server (v1.255 | A1293 C1.285) Enabled

before i followed your last instructions it was giving me PunkBuster Server: PunkBuster Server (v1.255 | A1363 C1.285) Enabled