searching master ban index question

mackel

Hello im mackel from House of Frag server (RTCW:ET)

quick question, im not sure if this has been asked already or what, but im throwing it out there...

is there any way to search the master ban index by player IP address? sure you can search for guid #'s or playername (gamertag) but they change so damn much its pointless. just wondering if this is/or isnt possible.

this would be helpful, cause id like to be able to search an ip and see if someone has a history of cheating. kinda like a background check when applying for a job or something. i dont like cheaters whatsoever and if i see one thats on the Master Ban Index (MBI) for any reason and he finds his way to our server ill ban him instantly. i dont care for the excuse or reason, they arent playing here, simple as that.

also i realize that people change ip's/mask them/get a new isp whatever, and by the chance that a non cheater gets a former cheaters ip, a slim chance of this happening (maybe 1 in a billion i dunno) but tough luck i guess.

is there any sort of way this info is already out there? any type of big list i can search by player ip?

thanks for any responses.

have a nice day!

mackel

disregard the above post, i found it under the pbbans account manager, if you go to master ban index 4 you can do it that way.

i guess i got to stop smokin weed and i can see these things hehehe

sorry for wasting everyones time!

have a nice day!

mackel

i found it under the pbbans account manager

full features MPI3/MPI4 requires SGA access or higher, so if you try to access from the homepage or via bookmark login to the forums first (to authenticate your status) will fix ;)

also i realize that people change ip's/mask them/get a new isp whatever, and by the chance that a non cheater gets a former cheaters ip, a slim chance of this happening (maybe 1 in a billion i dunno) but tough luck i guess.

The chance of that happening is alot higher, some ISPs assign new IPs as often as every day, so at any given time there is a very good chance that the cheater's IP is in use by someone on that network. Wether that user plays ET or not and will try to connect to your server is another issue entirely however. Thus single IP bans, in addition to being ineffective, have a decent chance of banning innocent people. If you really want to ban someone you will have to ban their entire subnet and then any proxys that they may use to connect to your server.