Forced fov?

***Agent Smoke

Hi.

We have our server setup for streaming, and we initially had it set up with the PB_SV_UConAdd 1 command.

However, it seems that the cg_fov client command is forced to 80. We have tried changing the fov clientside while in our server to 100 (which is a pb legal value) but it doesn't actually change.

I was wondering if some of the "enhanced features" of the new hub are a forced fov in the server?

Edited by ***Agent Smoke

You would also have to find the appropriate cvar setting within the hub config and make the range-changes there as well.

I had some issues with ET and people being kicked because the cvar rate was limited to in 50 100 and people who commonly use 30(well used and most common setting) were getting kicked off the server, not banned.

I simply made the alteration, since rate is not a cheat-issue, just a download/server-connection issue.

Just make sure that if you do alter a cvar, that it is well within range of anti-cheat specifications. If you are in doubt, post in one of the private sections here and ask first. Admin here are pretty pro-active, and there are others that carry a fair bit of knowledge and have helpful information as well. You'll get an answer pretty quickly.

It will depend on the game.

I play and run servers for Enemy Territory, which is Q3 based.

I limit Fov to in 90 120 so min range is 90, max is 120, which is considered reasonable, and the config that was provided by pbbans allows it as their setting to begin with. Most settings outside of this range allow for to much of an advantage to individuals, as you can put Fov onto a toggle with Q3 based games, and toggle it for given in-game situations to provide better aim at close-range, closed quarter-combat vs long-range, open field combat.

Hi.

We have our server setup for streaming, and we initially had it set up with the PB_SV_UConAdd 1 command.

However, it seems that the cg_fov client command is forced to 80. We have tried changing the fov clientside while in our server to 100 (which is a pb legal value) but it doesn't actually change.

I was wondering if some of the "enhanced features" of the new hub are a forced fov in the server?

The enhanced features of the Hub are all to do with cheat detection and of course "live" banning, which are hard coded into the Hub itself.

The Hub, in no way shape or form, is able to force standard pb restrictions on anyone or anything.

FOV settings are determined by the server admin and the range is determined by the pb setting in the pbsv.cfg like so:

pb_sv_cvar "cg_fov" IN 90 120

This would force all players to have their fov set within this range.

You're right, sorry. I just took a look at my configs, and realized that your config does not set this to those settings, it's my addition settings that do.

I try to run a pretty tight server, though, and your settings have been a great addition to them.

I'll have to check where I got that cvar setting from, but I believe from PsB's cvar settings, come to think of it.

Still, an acceptable range, imo, as Fov could be unlimited, but while it makes your screen look rather odd, given it's ability to be toggled to a key for rapid-change, could be considered a "hack" by some, and some "hack" programs allow for such options, as well.

I'll keep this limitation, until someone can prove to me why I should not.

This is exactly what I was looking for. I know in SOF2, the valid range is 80-100, so a command line of pb_sv_cvar "cg_fov" IN 80 100 added to the pbsv.cfg would do it for me, correct?

This is exactly what I was looking for. I know in SOF2, the valid range is 80-100, so a command line of pb_sv_cvar "cg_fov" IN 80 100 added to the pbsv.cfg would do it for me, correct?

I f thats the range that you wish to force on players entering your server, pb_sv_cvar "cg_fov" IN 80 100 is the correct command line.