Server lagging

=AS=Doggy

Hi there

My server is lagging to death today and I was wondering if it could be due to streaming? I'd like to check and stop the streaming...but the command line that we can find in the topics (how-to) is not working...my server continues to stream.

Thanks for any help

streaming creates 0 lag.

I notice you have been streaming since the 4.5.2007 .. has the lag suddenly appeared out of nowhere ?

possible causes.

server provider cramming too many servers onto 1 box.

Badly configured PB settings.

solution:

First thing is to identify the culprit.

Disable PB on your server, if the lag disappears then you can ask advice on here re your PB configuration.

If lag is still present enable PB and get in touch with your provider.

I notice today high pings also, maybe punkbuster is preparing some updates

edit:

haha i was right ;p

Thursday 05.10.2007 [2:30PM]

Version 1.285 of the PB Server for ET has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This version addresses an md5tool related problem reported by some linux admins after the v1.284 update was released yesterday.

Wednesday 05.09.2007 [9:00PM]

Version 1.284 of the PB Server for ET has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This is a maintenance release
Edited by Luk4ward

• 4 weeks later...

URGENT NEED !!!

Hi again my server is lagging like hell...my gun is shooting by itself randomly....very annoying. But this time I disabled PB for a while....and the ghost shooting stopped...So I might have something wrong settings in my PB config.

Can someone give me a good configuration for PB please ?

thanks

Hi Benway

What does "Enforce Ban" changes ? I didn't know about this option.

In the pbbans.dat ..I simply delete all the bans..but keep the file in place (empty)?

thanks

not quite, you should keep all bans not on MBI (local bans, IP bans, others); the idea is: a banlist with 1-3 k entries may cause server sided lag anytime a pb_sv_banlist related action happens (bans as well temp kicks) as the banlist is written to servers HD; note: other reasons are possible as well but in ET the number of MBI bans are likely to cause issues to say the least LoL ... the 'enforce bans' option checks connecting players against MBI, banned-->kick

Option worth a try: remove all *PBBansHub!*-bans from pbbans.dat

Ok...stupid question for you... sorry for that. But how do I remove all *PBBansHub!* -bans from pbbans.dat ?

I changed the flag to Enforce bans... just need more clarifications on how to remove all *PBBansHub!*

thanks a lot for your help