Banned by admin

ZinhuBH

i started a new server in et 2.55, so noone was banned neitehr kicked, neither nothing, but a guy was trying to join and a message saying that he was banned was showing and he cant connect, i looked on banlist and nothing is showing, "zero things"was there ... so what i want to do to let thius guys play.. and btw exist a way to take this message off, cause evryone read it.. and its not cool that evryone know who is banned , who not

thx

sorry for my bad english

i started a new server in et 2.55, so noone was banned neitehr kicked, neither nothing, but a guy was trying to join and a message saying that he was banned was showing and he cant connect, i looked on banlist and nothing is showing, "zero things"was there ... so what i want to do to let thius guys play.. and btw exist a way to take this message off, cause evryone read it.. and its not cool that evryone know who is banned , who not

thx

sorry for my bad english

You were looking at his PB GUID correct? Just the last 8 digits of his PB GUID are all that's necessary. You could post his GUID here and we could tell if there is a problem with it and you would have to look in the SV LOGS folder which is inside the PB folder to look at his GUID after he was kicked. The pbbans.dat file is where the ban list is located.

The topics called "banned by admin" ...is that was his ban stated? also ,,,if not banned by admin is PB running on your server ? If you have PB on and the guy uses a prior banned guid then yes he will be kicked..if he was banned by an admin just get his guid and check your folder at the same time try to get his IP and do an unban on that also.

and btw exist a way to take this message off, cause evryone read it.. and its not cool that evryone know who is banned , who not

I believe you can't hide Punkbuster messages.

I believe you can't hide Punkbuster messages.

PB_SV_MsgPrefix [New Prefix]

Holds the text that the PunkBuster Server displays in front of every output line displayed; the default is "^3PunkBuster Server" (note the ^3 means output in the color GOLD); If the game server is running in non-dedicated (listen) mode, all PunkBuster Server output goes to both the top of the playing screen and to the console by default; To prevent PunkBuster Server messages from being displayed on the playing screen, insert the text [skipnotify] before any desired message prefix text. For example, the command pb_sv_msgprefix [skipnotify]^3PunkBuster Server will cause all PunkBuster Server output to go only to the console and not to the playing screen.

If "new server" with "no bans", it sounds like a Punkbuster Global GUID Ban.

Edited by =GG= RocknRoll