Streaming Informations.

Wo0

Hey guys.

I was reading some infos about streaming a server. Here are some questions :

- Can we stream some servers with same IPs but different ports ? (seems noobish but had some problems with online browsers).

- How works the pbsv file updates ? I mean how do we get updates of the cvars & MD5 new signatures ?

- What do we need to install for auto update (you call it HUB if i understood well) ?

- Can you link some topics (try to gather clear and ready to use infos for server admin) ?

Thx for answers and big up to the community.

Hey guys.

I was reading some infos about streaming a server. Here are some questions :

- Can we stream some servers with same IPs but different ports ? (seems noobish but had some problems with online browsers).

Yes, not a problem.

- How works the pbsv file updates ? I mean how do we get updates of the cvars & MD5 new signatures ?

Each game related forum has a sticky thread about these updates. click Track this thread to get an email on new mci updates.

To update u can either do it manually or use Jpat :)

- What do we need to install for auto update (you call it HUB if i understood well) ?

Hub is the main streaming method, a replacement for the old Rep streaming method, hub is not the tool that keeps the md5/cvar scans up to date, that tool is called Jpat.

- Can you link some topics (try to gather clear and ready to use infos for server admin) ?

Thx for answers and big up to the community.

How about we start to get the server streaming first, as im not familair with ET i will send you the first link needed to get things running

the Hub streaming setup can easily be done via Rcon:

/rcon pb_sv_update

... wait 90 seconds

/rcon pb_sv_writecfg pbucon.use

/rcon pb_sv_restart

... wait 20 seconds

/rcon pb_sv_task 50 3600 pb_sv_ver

/rcon pb_sv_usessionlimit 2

/rcon pb_sv_autoupdban 1

/rcon pb_sv_uconadd 1 63.171.64.205 pbbhub pbbhub

/rcon pb_sv_writecfg

After these steps move on and create a new thread here to get your server added to the PBBans hub:

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showforum=347

Thanks a lot that's more clear now.

Ok i could enable the streaming with Rcon, but without a decent server config ... I doubt it should be useful.

In order to get Jpat we need special registration or where to find the download ?

I explain, i would put a good pb config 1st, but it seems you recommend to test the streaming connection 1st. Right ?

And last but not least, i was given some "links" I would show to pbban. Who should i contact or where to post ?

As leader/admin (whatever it's called) of clan i can apply or i should let the Clan Owner / Server Admin (which have full access) do it ?

Edited by Wo0

first step is to initiate streaming.

This can best be achieved with a few rcon commands.

/rcon pb_sv_update

... wait 90 seconds

/rcon pb_sv_writecfg pbucon.use

/rcon pb_sv_restart

... wait 20 seconds

/rcon pb_sv_task 50 3600 pb_sv_ver

/rcon pb_sv_usessionlimit 2

/rcon pb_sv_autoupdban 1

/rcon pb_sv_uconadd 1 63.171.64.205 pbbhub pbbhub

/rcon pb_sv_writecfg

When streaming is confirmed a whole new world will open up with forum upgrade/access to the MCI etc etc