PB coming to Crysis

MaydaX

Posted Image

Electronic Arts Inc. has contracted with Even Balance, Inc. to integrate PunkBuster Anti-Cheat software into the game Crysis developed by Crytek. We will soon be opening a section on our website to support PunkBuster for Crysis. Crytek, Crysis and CryENGINE are trademarks or registered trademarks of Crytek. EA and the EA logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Posted Image

Electronic Arts Inc. has contracted with Even Balance, Inc. to integrate PunkBuster™ Anti-Cheat software into the game Crysis™ developed by Crytek. We will soon be opening a section on our website to support PunkBuster™ for Crysis™. Crytek, Crysis and CryENGINE are trademarks or registered trademarks of Crytek. EA and the EA logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Thats good news to hear MaydaX. Have you read my pm concerning my Crysis focused website (TeamCrysis)? I'm building a community thats dedicated to creating a fair and enjoyable online gaming experience for the players of Crysis. I know there needs to be nothing more than my servers streaming but I would like my community to have a relationship with this community. If you visit my site and read the message on the main page you'll understand that the primary focus of TeamCrysis is to create a well managed and enjoyable online gaming environment. Presently I'm in the midst of obtaining sponsorship so I can broaden this movement as much as possible. You can visit the site here, it's only been up for 2 weeks so it's not 100% aesthetically where I want it to be but it's fully functional. I appreciate any consideration taken in this matter.

UPDATE: EA has announced a release date of Cysis for November 16th.

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) and Crytek, award-winning developers of Far Cry, today announced that CrysisTM, will be hitting retail stores in North America and Europe on November 16, 2007 exclusively for the PC.

Crysis, the best looking game since sliced-bread, is getting a little more time in the oven.

During an EA conference call, they announced that the game has slipped to the third quarter (October - December) and expects it to release sometime in November.

[source: g4tv.com]

Well this is both bad and good news at the same time. Obviously the game is being finalized for some reason- hardware compatibility (nVidia 9800) or driver issues. So it does suck that we'll have to wait a bit longer but I'm sure when the time comes it will be well worth the wait.