Raptor X

Agent_H

So I went ahead and ordered a Raptor X 10,000 rpm 150 gig HD.

Wow, if you are looking for an upgrade without rebuild a pc I recommend this one. I start windows now in 4 seconds and maps for games load like crazy.

I also have noticed a slight fps increase in FEAR performance.

Any one have experience with these?

So I went ahead and ordered a Raptor X 10,000 rpm 150 gig HD.

Wow, if you are looking for an upgrade without rebuild a pc I recommend this one. I start windows now in 4 seconds and maps for games load like crazy.

I also have noticed a slight fps increase in FEAR performance.

Any one have experience with these?

I have thought about purchasing one of them before, but I'm really partial to Seagate drives. I have just always had good results with them and until recently they were the only company offering five year warranties. As I understand it, in benchmarks the difference between a 10K & a 7200RPM drive of equal size,cache,I/O is minimal. With the high capacity perpendicular recording drives now the difference between a 7200RPM drive & a 10K is even further reduced. In some benchmarks I have actually seen the 7200RPM drive beat the Raptor by a millisecond or two.

I'd love to see specs of someone with a Gigabyte iDrive, though. I've always wondered what the performance is out of them.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just run 2 74's in raid 0, thats outrunning a single 150 with ease.

Even 2 7200 rpm disks are outrunning a single raptor.

I love the permormance but i would never buy any raptors again they are just tooo fecking noisy.

And i can tell got 3 of those noisy bastards.

post-110168-1206883746_thumb.jpg

Edited by Earzz

• 10 months later...

:D No You Cant Feel The Diffrence of 72rpm and 10,000rpm Igot 300Gb Raptor Seen i have new System Intel Core 9550 2.8ghz quadcore . liquid cooling and my video card is 295gtx nividia hd of course seen i got quadcore is faster to open files and rebooting but for the gaming dint see any diffrent for my raptor. And i Hear There Will Be a new Realese Harddrive Coming This March That Will Be faster than the raptor so ill wait for that.