cod4 and re instaling windows

pf_robHQ

unfortunatly my windows isnt behaving itself atm ,if i re format my pc and re install windows ect when i re instal cod4 will my guid be the same also is it possible to save rank and or settings if not i guess i will go through ranks again was fun first time so no big deal there

unfortunatly my windows isnt behaving itself atm ,if i re format my pc and re install windows ect when i re instal cod4 will my guid be the same also is it possible to save rank and or settings if not i guess i will go through ranks again was fun first time so no big deal there

Your pbguid is derived from your game cd key, so no change there :)

As for the rest, I have just started playing cod4 myself so not certain what happens when a fresh install of windows is applied.

Lucky you. I had a hard-drive cash in it's chips on me, so I get to start over. No chance of recovery of anything on it.... :(

On the up-side, building up a wicked new system, so the pending trade-off was worth it. I can frag enough to get the unlocks again, and the rank. Half the challenge is working from the ground up anyways. ;)

Good info to have for the future, though, should one need to format for any particular reason.