pb_sv_writecfg pbucon.use

pb_sv_restart

... wait 20 seconds

pb_sv_task 50 3600 pb_sv_ver

pb_sv_USessionLimit 3 // (4) (2)

pb_sv_AutoUpdBan 1

pb_sv_uconadd 1 64.27.21.46 pbbanshub pbbanshub

pb_sv_writecfg

I Upload my updated cfg files manually via CLanforge @ multiplay as there is no FTP access to my dedi pro server.

Any help appreciated

thx

Dobbs can you copy and paste the last six lines of one of you servers pbsvuser.cfg file in here for me.

I edited both of our Multiplay pbsvuser.cfg files and as soon as I rebooted the servers they started streaming on their own. I will check them again in the morning ans see if they are still going.

Basically what mine is is a copy of the cvar & md5 checks that get generated at pbbans, i just upload that...

I dont know if that is correct but streaming only runs wheni put the commands in i quoted in #1 post.

Then after a while it stops.

So really last 6 lines are just md5 chks

Here is what I found lastnight but may not be the same on your server setup. I found that on our Multiplay servers the pbsv.cfg and pbsvuser.cfg were one file. On our U.S. server these are 2 completely seperate files. I will post 2 possible solutions.

My suggestion to you is to see if you can edit the pbsv.cfg as your pbsvuser.cfg seems to be setup the same as our U.S server.

This is what the last few lines in the pbsvuser.cfg were before I edited them :

pb_sv_AliasMaxEnforce 0 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

pb_sv_load pbsvlog.cfg //load remote logging settings (if pbsvlog.cfg exists)

pb_sv_load pbsvmessages.cfg

;Badname List - pb_sv_badname [grace_period_secs] [disallowed text]

;PB UCON Settings / Lists

pb_sv_usessionlimit 3

pb_sv_ucontimeout 300

pb_sv_uconempty

pb_sv_uconignoreempty

;task for 24/7 streaming (important for match server) , it does not cause any lag and the stream will never stop

pb_sv_task 1 86400 pb_sv_ver

This is the last few lines from our U.S server pbsv.cfg file :

pb_sv_usessionlimit 3

pb_sv_ucontimeout 300

pb_sv_uconempty

pb_sv_uconadd 1 "63.171.64.205" "pbbhub" "pbbhub"

pb_sv_uconignoreempty

Here are the last few lines from the Multiplay servers pbsvuser.cfg file after editing :

pb_sv_usessionlimit 3

pb_sv_ucontimeout 300

pb_sv_uconempty

pb_sv_uconadd 1 "63.171.64.205" "pbbhub" "pbbhub"

pb_sv_uconignoreempty

I did not set these servers up so I have no idea if it is normal on the Multiplay servers to have both the pbsv.cfg and pbsvuser.cfg as one file or not. Once I did edit the file and rebooted our servers they started streaming on their own and have now been streaming for over 8 straight hours which is a record for these two servers.

I hope this helps you and you can get them streaming on their own. If you have any questions what so ever just post them and I will answer as soon as I can. Best of luck to you.

Edited by Buzzed

No nothing has changed, i removed the pbsv files and am now using pbsvuser files, i ran the suggested fix by pbbans as in post #1 again and they ran for 24 hours, i looked this morning and none are streaming again.

Getting a bit annoying now as yesterday we had some dodgy ss on 1 server when i looked it wasnt streaming so it wouldnt count anyway..

I think ille have to goto IRC# and see if i can get an admin to help out, or the other option i got is to go back to PsB.

Don't go back to Psb. :( Worst case is, I can send you a copy our pbsv.cfg and pbsvuser.cfg file and you can look at them if you would like. Multiplay servers have a very different setup for PB. Contact me through here or xfire if you want.

I know how frustrating it can be to get your servers streaming right. It took me a long while to figure it out on my own. Another possible solution is to copy and paste your pbsvuser.cfg and pbsv.cfg in here or PM it to me and I can look at it. Make sure you edit out any passwords before posting or sending it. Lets get this fixed.

well something must be correct for 1 server cus i havnt changed nothing today and it was streaming last time i looked today, so that must of kicked in itself. I will take it further tonight to see if anything is different on that 1.

thx for helpo so far much appreciate it

well i jumped on IRC only to be told by pbbans and mpuk it was each others fault, and all the admin did at pbbans was tell me its not thier fault so bollox to it.

If they cant be arsed to help out thaen i wont use the system simple as that .

cheers for trying buzz as i said i have appreciated your help.

dobbs out.

It looks to me like something is forcing your server back to a default setting, probably a cronjob or something similar that forces a daily server restart in the wee hours when no ones about.

I used to do the same with all Jolt public servers I headed up.

The restart will probably automatically exec a cfg that does not include your PBBans ucon settings.

Thats my take on things :)

The PBBans staff member on irc was not being offhand about your situation, its just that we know for sure that the problem is not on the PBBans side of things.

Looks like a classic case of the customer not being always right and getting the runaround.

Looks like a classic case of the customer not being always right and getting the runaround.

sure does.

Well I am trying 1 more time i have redone my scripts using the 1 that is streaming, lets see if that works

As I said before dobbs I am willing to send you both our pbsv.cfg and pbsvuser.cfg files if you need them so you can see how I have them setup know. They have both been streaming for over 4 days straight with no problems at all. Multiplay has a weird way of setting up their servers and it took me weeks to figure out a fix. Let me know what you need and I will help you as much as I can.

well might have some good news as i had 1 server streaming i looked at code and used it for 1 other server ...so far i got 2 streaming with no drops nearly been 36hrs for the 1st and 24 for the 2nd...

i will update tommorow

Nice1 dobbs, good show of persistence :)

If your anything like me, I hate a damned server cfg getting the better of me and will move heaven and earth to make it do what I want !!

Also a big thanks to Buzzed for the very positive, pro-active replies in this thread. :bigtup:

seems like i am still winning 2 servers still going so if its still up on tuesday i will do the rest of the servers

Glad to hear it is working out for you. Hope you get the other 2 up and streaming soon.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks to me like something is forcing your server back to a default setting, probably a cronjob or something similar that forces a daily server restart in the wee hours when no ones about.

I used to do the same with all Jolt public servers I headed up.

The restart will probably automatically exec a cfg that does not include your PBBans ucon settings.

Thats my take on things :)

Hi,

I'm Matt from Multiplay UK's Support team (I Head up the team).

First things first, We do not run cronjobs on our machines. So that completely nullifies Fozzers idea.

Secondly,

If you tell the pb server to write it's config file to disk, It will do this with the name pbsv.cfg.

Now what we do to prevent issues is to stop people using the pbsv.cfg and having their settings overwritten by the pb server.

What you need to do is to merge the pbsv.cfg and the pbsvuser.cfg together.

This will mean that the write cfg command will write to the pbsv.cfg and leave your pbsvuser.cfg intact.

There is absolutely no need to use the live control feature to setup streaming.