COD 4 SERVER SETUP

Buster78

Does anyone have a clue on how to setup a COD 4 server? Is there a program out there like BF2CC? I`ve found 2 COD2 RCON Commander Pro and COD Modern Rcon v0.2. Both seem to be crap.

Modern Rcon works really well, but then again, I suppose you have to have at least some basic working knowledge of servers prior to using such a program to begin with.

I first set up my server by manually editting the config in wordpad and then just uploading and rebooting. Modern Rcon has been a real time-saver, imo, as I can make any and all changes I need from it.

Do you have a direct link to the download where I can get Modern Rcon?

www.codhq.com

Register and download ModernRcon 0.4

And since you're a registered user, you should already have JRE installed.

Else get that one Included.

But it seems like that the host is regulairy experiencing hosting/database downtimes.

The reason I'm including this.

ModernRcon_v0.4.zip

Thanks, that works GREAT! I just set it all up. Is there away to setup In-Game Admin or do you just have to kick from the RCON? Also, in order for my server messages to stay up I have to keep the Modern Rcon running?

Edited by Buster78

Thanks, that works GREAT! I just set it all up. Is there away to setup In-Game Admin or do you just have to kick from the RCON? Also, in order for my server messages to stay up I have to keep the Modern Rcon running?

About server msg's I have found doing that thru PB to be the best way, this way you don't need to have RCON programs up and running at all, it will all be server side.

Here is an simple tut on how:

1. Make a cfg file and name it servermsg.cfg

2. Add this to your pbsv.cfg file: pb_sv_load servermsg.cfg

3. This is WarTorn's servermsg.cfg:

//================================================================================
// Added by hugin - 2007
// Task setup for PunkBuster
//================================================================================
// 30 sec intervals - Remember: pb_sv_task 460 + 30 (Interval value) = 490, and so on

pb_sv_task 10 490 "say message 1"
pb_sv_task 40 490 "say message 2"
pb_sv_task 70 490 "say message 3"
pb_sv_task 100 490 "say message 4"
pb_sv_task 130 490 "say message 5"
pb_sv_task 160 490 "say message 6"
pb_sv_task 190 490 "say message 7"
pb_sv_task 220 490 "say message 8"
pb_sv_task 250 490 "say message 9"
pb_sv_task 280 490 "say message 10"
pb_sv_task 310 490 "say message 11"
pb_sv_task 340 490 "say message 12"
pb_sv_task 370 490 "say message 13"
pb_sv_task 400 490 "say message 14"
pb_sv_task 430 490 "say message 15"
pb_sv_task 460 490 "say message 16"

4. Then do pb_sv_restart in console or thru your rcon tool, or just simply restart the server.

5. Everything goes in your server pb folder.

Good luck :)

Edited by hugin

Not sure I`m fully tracking you. Where do I find this PB folder to add this msgs folder to and what exactly do I put in the folder? Everything you listed above?

Edited by Buster78

Not sure I`m fully tracking you. Where do I find this PB folder to add this msgs folder to and what exactly do I put in the folder? Everything you listed above?

You find the pb folder inside the game folder on your server.

You do not add any folder <_< But inside your pb folder you will likely find a file called pbsv.cfg which you want to edit using your notepad or wordpad (download the file if needed and upload it after you have editted the file when needed, if it is a remote server).

Once you opened the pbsv.cfg file, scroll down and add a new line to read:

pb_sv_load servermsg.cfg

Save and close the file and put it back into your pb folder.

Now create a new file (called: servermsg.cfg) using your notepad or wordpad and add the following content:

// Added by hugin - 2007
// 30 sec intervals - Remember: pb_sv_task 460 + 30 (Interval value) = 490, and so on

pb_sv_task 10 490 "say message 1"
pb_sv_task 40 490 "say message 2"
pb_sv_task 70 490 "say message 3"
pb_sv_task 100 490 "say message 4"
pb_sv_task 130 490 "say message 5"
pb_sv_task 160 490 "say message 6"
pb_sv_task 190 490 "say message 7"
pb_sv_task 220 490 "say message 8"
pb_sv_task 250 490 "say message 9"
pb_sv_task 280 490 "say message 10"
pb_sv_task 310 490 "say message 11"
pb_sv_task 340 490 "say message 12"
pb_sv_task 370 490 "say message 13"
pb_sv_task 400 490 "say message 14"
pb_sv_task 430 490 "say message 15"
pb_sv_task 460 490 "say message 16"

Edit the content to your liking and once finished, save and close the file and put it into your pb folder.

Then do pb_sv_restart in console or thru your rcon tool

SWEET it worked! Now how do I set up in game admin like bf2?

You can open your ingame console to issue rcon commands (shift + tilde (~) key).

I don't think their are mods available yet for ingame clickable menu's to issue rcon commands.

You can open your ingame console to issue rcon commands (shift + tilde (~) key).

I don't think their are mods available yet for ingame clickable menu's to issue rcon commands.

Concur, Rcon thru console ingame (the old fashion way) or RCON programs are the way to go for the moment, download Moder Rcon and use Alt + Tab to close down the game window and execute the commands you want from your RCON tool. Works like a charm :)

Is there away to setup In-Game Admin or do you just have to kick from the RCON?

IGA does but requires full server acces because you've got to get & install BigBrotherBot (B3)

Why the server acces? That is because B3 uses Python and MySQL and you need several other plugins for Python to communicate with MySQL and stuff, you also need extra plugins for B3 itself before you're able to IGA your server (+ gives the option of showing of live stats).

Ofcourse, B3 is kinda older then CoD4 and therefor, you need the CoD2 parsers/plugins. Once set and configured well, B3 is a kick Administration bot which is a handy tool to ease up the task and you only have to wait for B3 v2.0.

I'll be trying soon with the B3 app, I only need to install everything first. I'm already glad that I was able to re-run all servers again.

So, is there away to setup other admin accounts? As of now I use the ModernRcon_v0.4.exe and it uses my user name and password. From what I can see I would have to give my other clan members my user name and pw. Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

but then please remove the taskempty command or ad another task to issue a pb_sv_ver after the taskempty line as stated in the hubstreaming setup manuals

Can you please explain this more. I add the servermsg thing and can not for the life of me find what you are talking about.

Edited by Anti-medic

I downloaded this program but i get this error msg. Any idea why or how i can correct it? The program does still work. Thanks in advance.

Posted Image

I got that one aswell, havent looked into it really.

Program still works :)

Keep in mind there is other rcon proggys out there:

http://www.rconmax.co.uk/

http://www.hlsw.net/

I use HLSW myself.

That is a bug in the code of the program. That dvar doesn't exist, should be scr_oldscool.

Quickfix is to add a line to your server.cfg that says scr_oldschool_mw = 1;

Or, you could get a different tool like CoD RCONTool which is a lot better.

That is a bug in the code of the program. That dvar doesn't exist, should be scr_oldscool.

Quickfix is to add a line to your server.cfg that says scr_oldschool_mw = 1;

Or, you could get a different tool like CoD RCONTool which is a lot better.

There you go.

DL now to test :)