Question about pb_sv_bindsrch

GrossKopf

I would like to use pb_sv_bindsrch to detect the following keybinds in a player's config:

mwheeldown "+attack"

mwheelup "+attack"

Does anyone know the right syntax for this and is there any way to set up PB to run this when someone connects or periodically? If PB can check this on it's own, is there a way to issue a kick to anyone found to have those binds?

PB_SV_BindSrch [search_text] [player_name_or_slot#] {rcon limited}

Sends a request to all applicable connected players asking for a report on which local player key bindings contain the specified [search_text]; to specify a player name or substring (as opposed to slot #), surround the text with double-quote marks

PB_SV_BindSrch +attack

Not specifying a Player or Slot# would search ALL PLAYERS currently connected.

Set it as a Task to run regular searches

PB_SV_Task [X] [Y] [command]

Adds a task to PB's Task List; The Task will be executed X seconds after entry and every Y seconds thereafter; use -1 for Y if a one-time task is desired; this can be used to execute game server commands as well as PB commands

PB_SV_Task [X] [Y] PB_SV_BindSrch +attack

I don't think you can get PB to auto kick for it. Just log what's found.

Edited by =GG= RocknRoll

I got a reply elsewhere about this:

pb_sv_bindsrch "mwheeldown "+attack""

pb_sv_bindsrch "mwheelup "+attack""

pb_sv_CvarFreq 2 //[# of range checks per minute]

pb_sv_CvarLogging 2 //[1=Reg. Log, 2=Var Log, 3=Both, 0=Neither]

pb_sv_CvarWalk 1 //[0=disabled, 1-4=Walk through obtained Cvar lists]

pb_sv_CvarUserPulse 99 //[How often (in min.) to auto-send CvarUser command]

pb_sv_CvarChangedPulse 99 //[How often (in min.) to auto-send CvarChanged command]

I'm still trying to find out if there's a way to kick when it finds these binds. I don't understand why PB would have the ability to detect binds and then not have the ability to take action if these binds are found.

This won't make much difference, but you might like to know

regarding the use of + in the bind search

for every action there has to be a reaction so if you have a + and you also have to have a -

in short, just search for anything with 'attack' binded don't worry about the + or -

Here are some others you might like (minus explaination of why each needs to be searched for, up to you what you dislike...)

pb_sv_task 60 900 "pb_sv_bindsrch "vstr""
pb_sv_task 90 900 "pb_sv_bindsrch "com_maxfps""
pb_sv_task 120 900 "pb_sv_bindsrch "rate""
pb_sv_task 150 900 "pb_sv_bindsrch "exec""
pb_sv_task 180 900 "pb_sv_bindsrch "screenshot""
pb_sv_task 210 900 "pb_sv_bindsrch "wait""
pb_sv_task 240 900 "pb_sv_bindsrch "attack""
pb_sv_task 270 900 "pb_sv_bindsrch "frag""

pb_sv_task 60 900 "pb_sv_bindsrch "vstr""
pb_sv_task 90 900 "pb_sv_bindsrch "com_maxfps""
pb_sv_task 120 900 "pb_sv_bindsrch "rate""
pb_sv_task 150 900 "pb_sv_bindsrch "exec""
pb_sv_task 180 900 "pb_sv_bindsrch "screenshot""
pb_sv_task 210 900 "pb_sv_bindsrch "wait""
pb_sv_task 270 900 "pb_sv_bindsrch "frag""

Ok, so I'm a little confused.

Won't work? It needs to be: pb_sv_bindsrch "mwheeldown "attack"" ?

For example:

pb_sv_task 60 900 "pb_sv_bindsrch "mwheeldown "attack"""
pb_sv_task 90 900 "pb_sv_bindsrch "mwheelup "attack""

I'm not trying to eliminate the ability to use the "attack" command, only to eliminate the ability for players to use the mwheelup and mwheeldown keys with "attack".

Edited by GrossKopf

No you only need to search for the binds that contain the action "attack" it will tell you which key it is binded to in the logs

You can only get the results from the logs

These should show it clearly (my settings are default as you can see)

[01.15.2008 22:27:53] Running PB Scheduled Task (slot #8) pb_sv_bindsrch "attack""
[01.15.2008 22:27:53] 1 Bind Query Sent
[01.15.2008 22:27:53] [From #1 b530(VALID) shiver^6*] [KEY_MOUSE1 = +attack][1 key binding match found]

[01.15.2008 22:28:23] Running PB Scheduled Task (slot #9) pb_sv_bindsrch "frag""
[01.15.2008 22:28:23] 1 Bind Query Sent
[01.15.2008 22:28:23] [From #1 b530(VALID) shiver^6*] [G = +frag][KEY_MOUSE3 = +frag][2 key binding matches found]

[01.15.2008 22:39:53] Running PB Scheduled Task (slot #2) pb_sv_bindsrch "vstr""
[01.15.2008 22:39:53] 0 Bind Queries Sent
[01.15.2008 22:40:23] Running PB Scheduled Task (slot #3) pb_sv_bindsrch "com_maxfps""
[01.15.2008 22:40:23] 0 Bind Queries Sent
[01.15.2008 22:40:53] Running PB Scheduled Task (slot #4) pb_sv_bindsrch "rate""
[01.15.2008 22:40:53] 0 Bind Queries Sent
[01.15.2008 22:41:23] Running PB Scheduled Task (slot #5) pb_sv_bindsrch "exec""
[01.15.2008 22:41:23] 0 Bind Queries Sent
[01.15.2008 22:42:23] Running PB Scheduled Task (slot #7) pb_sv_bindsrch "wait""
[01.15.2008 22:42:23] 0 Bind Queries Sent

This last lot basically show I have NO binds with these words included

You cannot kick players for having these binds (no way I know of anyway) you have to manually search for the results in your logs unless you can make a parser (or someone else can make you one ;) )

No you only need to search for the binds that contain the action "attack" it will tell you which key it is binded to in the logs

You can only get the results from the logs

Ok, so if I put what I posted above:

pb_sv_CvarChangedPulse 99 //[How often (in min.) to auto-send CvarChanged command]

Will that work? Will any identified binds show up in a log? Which log?

Ok, so if I put what I posted above:

Will that work? Will any identified binds show up in a log? Which log?

No, you cant specify which button it is binded to, only what command you want to log.

To find out if he is using scroll to shot you need to address the attack command, not the button: mwheeldown/mwheelup.

Then you can check the logs and see if it actually was binded to that button.

Can be good to filter out those CB heroes who claim they don't :P

So if i make up this one:

Result:

[01.15.2008 22:28:23] [From #1 sdaskd7(VALID) lamer] [mwheeldown = +attack][mwheelup = +attack][2 key binding matches found]
You will see the result if he uses his scrollwheel to shoot.

Hopes that clarify it.

Edited by hugin

No, you cant specify which button it is binded to, only what command you want to log.

To find out if he is using scroll to shot you need to address the attack command, not the button: mwheeldown/mwheelup.

Then you can check the logs and see if it actually was binded to that button.

Can be good to filter out those CB heroes who claim they don't :P

So if i make up this one:

Result:

[01.15.2008 22:28:23] [From #1 sdaskd7(VALID) lamer] [mwheeldown = +attack][mwheelup = +attack][2 key binding matches found]
You will see the result if he uses his scrollwheel to shoot.

Hopes that clarify it.

Ah, ok, now that makes sense... where is this information logged? (I'm such a noob and my PB guy wasn't too sure about this command)

Also, is there a way to randomize this so it's not logging everyone, but just randomly selecting people, in the same way that screenshots can be done?

Edited by GrossKopf

Ah, ok, now that makes sense... where is this information logged? (I'm such a noob and my PB guy wasn't too sure about this command)

Also, is there a way to randomize this so it's not logging everyone, but just randomly selecting people, in the same way that screenshots can be done?

The info is logged in your "pb log files" ( if logging is turned on ) on your server found here: /pb/svlogs

To randomize...... :scratchchin: .....

automatically instead of manually picking someone through rcon? ... :scratchchin:

PB_SV_Task [X] [Y] PB_SV_BindSrch attack

Would search everyone that happens to be on your server at the specified search intervals ( [X] [Y] )

PB_SV_Task [X] [Y] PB_SV_BindSrch attack 4

Assigning a "slot #" to the task would search anyone that happens to be on your server and

in slot #4 at the specified search intervals ( [X] [Y] )

PB_SV_Task [X] [Y] PB_SV_BindSrch attack "wolf"

Assigning a "name" ( with quotes ) to the task would search anyone that happens to be on your server and

has that "text string" in there name at the specified search intervals ( [X] [Y] )

I don't believe there is a way to have it "randomly pick" players or slot #s that just happen to be there.

Best I can suggest.

Edited by =GG= RocknRoll

I don't believe there is a way to have it "randomly pick" players or slot #s that just happen to be there.

Best I can suggest.

No there isent, and tbh why do you want to not scan somebody on your server?

I don't see the purpose of that :)

No there isent, and tbh why do you want to not scan somebody on your server?

I don't see the purpose of that :)

I get a LOT of players in my server and instead of scanning each and every one of them, I'd rather just have a few randomly selected for scans so my log isn't over loaded with these checks, but I guess that's not possible.

I get a LOT of players in my server and instead of scanning each and every one of them, I'd rather just have a few randomly selected for scans so my log isn't over loaded with these checks, but I guess that's not possible.

Ah ic, like filtering out the trusted ones as team mates and such?

Well I don't think that is possible, but maybe some others with more experience in here have an solution :)

Ah ic, like filtering out the trusted ones as team mates and such?

Well I don't think that is possible, but maybe some others with more experience in here have an solution :)

Not even that.. I'd just like to have it so it just picks a few players each scan. I believe that's how the screenshots work too...

• 1 year later...

yeah that's great!Now we can detect this. BUT, I need to know how can I make something like AutoKick?

For example, PB see someone use in binds: exec, so after that he must be kicked by PB.

What the way we have?

any examples please?

Give me game and what CVar you want to kick for :)

If you don't know the CVar, just post what you want to get players kicked for.

If user have ".exe" line in binds, then he must be kicked. How it will looks?

That's not a CVar for the game, it has to be a CVar for that specific game and the values for a CVar you want to kick for, as said through pb_sv_cvar

When it comes to .exe files, that will go under MD5 tools scans and requires extended knowledge how to retract hash for that specific .exe in use.

Not an expert on that part, so those with more knowledge correct me if I am wrong.

But before you ask anything more, you need to get the basic knowledge on how PB software works, trying to yell any more around this will be in vain TBH.

So there is no way to kick for people binding mousewheel to attack and such? Because that is what i would like to do basically, kick for scroll shooting, i really hate people that Auto G3 basically. Pain in the "backside"

If anyone does know how to kick for binding mousewheel it would be greatly appreciated if they PMed me or probably posted on here as others are looking for it too.

Razzen~

hugin, I guess u r not understand me. I ask way how to kick people for bind line. Not exactly like ".exe", it can be "hello" or something.

Plz, help us. I'm sure, not only I'm and Razzen want to find way. I'm sure, more people want to know how is possible to do by PB.

Thanks.