How exactly do we handle hackers not detected by PB?

glory908

Thats the million dollar question since a majority of hackers can evade PB, the only times they are caught is when PB updates without notice, then after that you will see alot of hackers evade the PB Program.

So what do we do about it?

I dont own a server actually, but I go into different TDM servers quite often, usually the 24 person max type quite often and run into cheaters every now and then, sadly in the last month of the cheats I have found on some servers ranging from mostly wall hacks, to smooth targeting aimbotters, none of those people have shown up on the PB Ban list.

By and large, those types tend to avoid servers that have pb enabled, and do their best to avoid servers that are streaming. Incidently, the ban-list for COD4 is getting rather large.

Thats the million dollar question since a majority of hackers can evade PB, the only times they are caught is when PB updates without notice, then after that you will see alot of hackers evade the PB Program.

So what do we do about it?

Relying on PunkBuster

By and large, those types tend to avoid servers that have pb enabled, and do their best to avoid servers that are streaming. Incidently, the ban-list for COD4 is getting rather large.

I was also surprised at how large the ban list considering the game list has only been out for about 3 months.

We stream our servers, use cvar/md5 checks and have a team of admins viewing screenshots while also watching players in-game at times . It's not 100% effective but nothing really is. We seem to be doing okay and keeping our servers as legit as possible.

I have a dream that one day, all PB enabled games have a filter for the in-game browsers that demonstrates clearly which servers are streaming.

Most servers that do are proud enough of it that they tell you so in a scrolling server message. I would suggest keeping a list of favourites that stream.

Edited by RSQ_Jester