PBBANS unban problem

=TS=Jo

Hi,

Today I was sure that some people hacked my server because the server was crashing. After the members of my clan told me that, I personnally went on the server and I saw that it wasn't a server crash but a server lag.

Then I opened my logs and I saw that at each time you was unbanning someone, it was making my server lag like crazy. I know that this is the only reason because when I unban someone that just got kick for too short name and got a temp ban of 5 minutes, my server is lagging like that.

So, do you have any advice for me. Like do there is a way to prevent that, seperate the pbbans.dat in multiple parts because its about 30 megs at this moment.

I've search a little bit on the forums to check if someone had the same problem as me and I didn't found anything. I'm sorry if it's a double post. It's nice to stream, but during a scrim, I don't really like when my servers are lagging like that for unbanning someone. So if you have any link that you can provide to help me fix that.

Thanks in advance !

Best not to run the ban list on your server...instead Enforce Bans.

I see you are not listed as a streaming game admin....what server are we talking about?

Thanks man, I just used the word "lagging" in the search box instead of the "lag" one. I saw that someone had the same problem. You suggest him to remove all the pbbanshub bans and to put the Enforce Ban flag.

Thanks for the help and thanks for replying so fast.

I am helping my friend with his streaming server on BF2 so that's why I created a new account and that I'm not a streaming admin. I have to prove him that I'm loyal before he give me any admin.

Thanks again.

Doesnt do anything for me, still got the lag and got suspended for speaking out. Good luck, but the problem is not on your end, its on theirs and until they fix it its going to continue.

Doesnt do anything for me, still got the lag and got suspended for speaking out.

Your account was suspended because you stated you were running a home hosted server. The fact it was home hosted had got overlooked and now you bought it to their attention, your account was suspended.

See ToS 1.1

PBBans will only allow streaming from dedicated servers and not from LAN or personal computers.

http://www.pbbans.com/tos.php

We don't issue unban commands very often so if people are getting lag daily then something else is causing it. Commonly a server that is running too many md5 or cvar checks over a short period of time will lag. Also if too many PBSS are requested it happens.

Your account was suspended because you stated you were running a home hosted server. The fact it was home hosted had got overlooked and now you bought it to their attention, your account was suspended.

See ToS 1.1

http://www.pbbans.com/tos.php

Are you serious?

Ive been running that server for over 3 years, probably better at it than most companies. I know the drill. Dude thats the lamest thing Ive seen i a long time. Im not some wet behind the ears high school kid, been working the same job for 23 years.

My guess is you were looking for an out and you found it, your problem isnt going to go away, in fact its probably going to get worse.

Penny ante bullshit.

We don't issue unban commands very often so if people are getting lag daily then something else is causing it. Commonly a server that is running too many md5 or cvar checks over a short period of time will lag. Also if too many PBSS are requested it happens.

No it isnt something else, dont even try that crap, that isnt the first time, everything about this is done by your specs, it isnt md5 or too many screenies and you know it.

If its on their end. Why do I not suffer from it with four game servers?

Apparently pb isnt the end all and be all they want it to be. I Do(did) everything by their specs, if its causing lag, then they damn sure knew about it.

Id willing to bet a weeks pay that crap wasnt in the tos until recently, and it shouldnt be there at all. what difference would it make anyway, I dont have a TOS at my isp that states I cant run servers, If I did my website wouldnt exist.

Its probably to cover their asses legally if it causes problems.

Edited by blindman

We send any unban commands 10 seconds apart, if a server lags because of it then that's a PB issue, we are just issuing the commands that are part of PB. Plus we rarely send unban commands

Bottom line, if you get lag all the time then it's most likely too many cvar or md5 checks. Also could be too many PBSS being taken over a short period. Also Windows servers are known to lag more then linux when it comes to cvar and md5 checks.

The no home server statement has been in our TOS for a long time. It just wasn't strictly enforced until we intoduced the new application system.