misc. spam

RRRuss

Hi there,

My community runs approximatley 8 2142 Multiplay UK servers, and I am about to test this on our 24/7 Tunis Server.

How will I know if it has been successfully activated? Is this all that I need to do to enable PBBANS streaming?

Thanks,

Russ.

Your avatar says it all :)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Server List
BF2142 - 85.236.101.109:16567 (Streaming)
BF2142 - 85.236.101.41:17067

User List
RRRuss (114903)

One out of two is a good start :P

just a quick question.

is there not a way whereby there is something more perminent that we could put into the configs.

Clanforge for some reason does not like the pbsv.cfg sitting in the config files, so basically anynthing that is meant to be in pbsv.cfg, we've dumped into the pbsvuser.cfg.

i'm only asking this, so that either myself or the other server admins don't have to keep tying this in every time the server crashes, or we restart them.

Edited by NANOLcpl

Steps

1. Click 'Servers' button on left had side of clanforge.

2. Tick the tick box to the left of the server you want to stream.

3. At the bottom of the screen click 'Live Control'

4. Click the 'Console Tab'

5. At the bottom of the screen enter the following commands into the 'Input' box, one at a time and click 'Send'.

pb_sv_update

... wait 90 seconds

pb_sv_writecfg pbucon.use

pb_sv_restart

... wait 20 seconds

pb_sv_task 50 3600 pb_sv_ver

pb_sv_USessionLimit 3

pb_sv_AutoUpdBan 1

pb_sv_uconempty

pb_sv_uconadd 1 64.27.21.46 pbbanshub pbbanshub

pb_sv_writecfg

Hi,

I'm from Multiplay, I'm the head of the support team there.

I'd just like to say that this is complete bollocks :lol:

The best way to do this, Is to create yourself a pbsvuser.cfg and upload that to your profile.

In clanforge if you go to Profiles -> Edit -> Config -> Upload.

Then restart your server.

For most, if not all games we have PBBans addons already setup to go, So just add these to your profile, Save and restart and your server will be streaming.

There is absolutely no need to go through and do this using live control every single time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
For most, if not all games we have PBBans addons already setup to go, So just add these to your profile, Save and restart and your server will be streaming.

Just a quick question;

In clanforge, streaming to PsB requires a manual update of the MBL. Is this also the case with PBbans, or can that be configured to auto-update?

Thanks in advance.

Just a quick question;

In clanforge, streaming to PsB requires a manual update of the MBL. Is this also the case with PBbans, or can that be configured to auto-update?

Thanks in advance.

Two options are available to you. I recommend you only use one:

1) Check the 3 'Accept xxx Bans' flags in your account manager. When a player is caught cheating on a server streaming to PBBans, the ban command is sent to your server. Note that you must first generate a ban list from the Master Ban Index and upload it to your server first.

2) Check the 'Enforce Bans' flag in your account manager, and you don't have to do anything. When a player connects to your server, their GUID is checked against the Master Ban Index. If they are banned here, they are kicked and banned from your server. Not only does this mean you don't have to generate a ban list and upload it, but your ban list is kept much shorter and therefore your server runs more efficiently.