Hypernia

=AKz=Sarge

Is anyone here running servers with Hypernia?

I would like to know if they have any monthly limits on bandwidth you use and if so, what is the overage charge?

I e-mail their sales dept 3 days ago with no response.

We have three, soon to be two, with Branzone in Seattle now.

The $150.00 a month Hypernia advertises 5 servers. There has to be a catch, right?

They give you a "dedicated" server. I was bored so I talked with their sales people and it appears that there is a bandwidth restriction but did not spell one out. They simply said we give you enough bandwidth for your gaming needs. The $150 is the basic server and you can install as many instances of whichever game you want, however eventually you will lag. It will depend on what games you want to host and how many slots.

However, 512MB seems very, very low to run 5 different instances with a decent slot count. The standard server with 1GB is on sale according to their sales people but that still isn't a lot. Our last dedicated server had 4GB and we hosted around 8 servers without any problems.

Is anyone here running servers with Hypernia?

I e-mail their sales dept 3 days ago with no response.

Theres an old saying "you get what you pay for" .. I find its as valid today as it ever was :)

Its a buyers market and a very competitve field, but if your initial e-mail query has gone 3 days without a response that might give you a clue as to what to expect.