Why me BANNED, i not download "GAMEHACK" - what is it? Please unbanned...

roman0793

Dear admins and players...

:(

My nick in bf2 " roman0793"

My GUID: 7557eeb07dfb87461f2db116e3bf30e3

Game "Battlefield 2"

My PID: http://www.bf2s.com/player/112131131/

Server name: moongamers

Server adress: 64.34.180.20:16567

Hello i roman0793

I played on server and suddenly came the message:

BANNED for PB - Gamehack

Why me BANNED? I not download "gamehack" - what is it?

Please Unbanned

Program transfer "PROMT"

www.PROMT.ru

www.PROMT.com

by "roman0793" from Russia...

Thank you for attention

Edited by roman0793

Punkbusted and PBBans are 2 diff places...yes, you need to go there to ask them why...

I'm curious thou about something,,the server that busted him w\ a PB gamehack also streams here still,,, why didnt they catch it here also?

Edited by Tim

ummm ya,, 3 yrs of being here almost I understand that part... what I meant was why didnt he get added here also ,,it was a ban PB themselves place correct ? Not PsB ,thats why i wondered why it wasnt listed here also... If it was a PsB ban and not PB\EB themselves then i can understand why it would show as a PsB ban. It does state gamehack ban by PB on it I believe , That would make the player banned on both sites then wouldnt it ?

Btw, I'm only going by what he wrote :

I played on server and suddenly came the message:

BANNED for PB - Gamehack

Sounds to me like it was a PsB gamehack and not from PB themselves sry I was reading it wrong.

Edited by Tim

Evenbalance bans are global, and thus not added to private ban-lists. Other AC-sites sometimes choose to scan for same/similar bannable offences, and as a result, those detections will end up in their private list as well as on the evenbalance global list.

Simply put, if evenbalance is already detecting it, why scan for it again? It becomes a redundancy that just adds one more check to your server that's already being run in the first place.

In a matter of speaking, it'd be like washing your car, and then doing it again 5 minutes later to make sure it's clean.

We try to keep the scans for cvars/MD5's to a minimum to keep things efficient and tidy.

Many server-admin run dual-streaming, and that is always an option. You'll find that no two AC-sites work exactly the same way. Which is better? Not really my place to say. What I do know, is that both work pretty hard to keep cheaters off our servers, and at the end of the day, we as gamers are better off for it.

ahh,,ok,,, I thought any ban PB\EB places would show up on pbbans list also as a ban from PB\EB for gamehack...my bad

btw also,,, leave my car washing habits out of this pls,,,, i like my car lookin clean all the time,,every 5 minutes of wiping it down isnt a bad thing :P

There seems to be some confusion here, this person's ban is a legit Violation, afaik. the question was raised " hes streaming to pbbans and psb why isnt he banned blah blah"

i got this when i did a search via MSI --> 207.210.95.75:16567 was not found <-- thats why that violation is not on our MBI :).

Now for this specific violation:

It's not that we DONT ban for this violation cuz we do!, Roadwarrior is correct however with md5/cvar scans PsB scans for outdated crap which has been long detected, so why waste resources to scan for it if its detected? when it gets detected Authentic Violations as such this one (gamehack #xxxx).. gets reported and end up on the mbi/mbl etc.

There seems to be some confusion here, this person's ban is a legit Violation, afaik. the question was raised " hes streaming to pbbans and psb why isnt he banned blah blah"

i got this when i did a search via MSI --> 207.210.95.75:16567 was not found

Now for this specific violation:

It's not that we DONT ban for this violation cuz we do!, Roadwarrior is correct however with md5/cvar scans PsB scans for outdated crap which has been long detected, so why waste resources to scan for it if its detected? when it gets detected Authentic Violations as such this one (gamehack #xxxx).. gets reported and end up on the mbi/mbl etc.

Hence: "Always Quality before Quantity" :)

Thats why streaming to PBBans services are better than many others IMO, because of the knowledge who beats most other sites, and the fact that the scans are being done so effective as they can be done.