Unable To Kick Players. Players Can Hide Their Names

armstrong82

Hello,

I am assisting an administrator with his server. He gave me limited rights to control the gameplay. It happend several times that I was unable to kick players who where just having fun with killing every teammate. They didn't get "auto-kicked". I am using BF2CC and they are not appearing in the list.

Because of hiding their names I am also unable to ban those players.

How did they do that? Is there any chance to get rid off them?

I've tried the search function and found that others have similiar problems but no solution.

I have also witnessed this....I have posted in here with no reply, or one that i haven't seen yet

i am still open for suggestions on how to deal with this

Edited by ROC TaurusBully

Send e-mails to EA games regarding this. It's their own broken software that's the problem, and not related to evenbalance(pb) or pbbans, or any other anti-cheat site in existance. EA needs to create a patch that will fix their own issues regarding this and many other issues with the "Beta-Field" series of games.

Okay, thanks for your response. In that case I have to create a letter for EA. Hope they deal with these issue.

I thought there is someone outside who just know how to get rid off those players.

Send e-mails to EA games regarding this. It's their own broken software that's the problem, and not related to evenbalance(pb) or pbbans, or any other anti-cheat site in existance. EA needs to create a patch that will fix their own issues regarding this and many other issues with the "Beta-Field" series of games.

are u sure read this **EDIT** (Don't post that shit here)

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Change your name to ANYONE in BF2142!

No name or not...there needs to be some connection info, IP, GUID? etc

Try Banning those if need be, restart the server for the ban to take effect, or just wait for the map change

Edited by ROC TaurusBully

Yea it doesn't matter if the person doesn't show up in CC. When you look at the connection logs he will be there. Name and all. I have banned a few guys that don't show up in CC through this way. I will admit it is hard to find the person but given enough searching you will find his GUID, name and IP.

we had this problem on our servers so we have implemented that no admin is to ban until the do a whisper. Ussually that will give you there name in cc even if it isn't in the name list. Also we can look at there slot number in game and ban them that way.

• 3 weeks later...

It is I am part of =SoE= we have 5 staeming. I am the head admin for our 2142 server. I have had problems geting sined in to PB bans. So I am trying to get everything sorted out. I have 2 global bans to my record already .I dont know whay IM a reguler member, I pmed a staff member

Edited by JohnWayneCA