Custom Skins

BollockChops

Might sound like a stupid question but what are people's opinions on custom skins on CoD4? I had a clan member ask about them today. And what is PBBans stand on them?

I'd guess that a server would have to run in impure mode for a skinpack to work client-side only, or on a mod of somekind as part of the mod so that it is server-sided. Running in pure works for server-sided mods only.

We're running ACE on our COD4 server with custom skins. We're a purely legit clan and the server streams here, so far no problems, and it's been like that for a month.

Well thats because an admin on your server would know what they're looking at and not submit a screenshot. The original question dosen't seem like it's a server side mod since the SGA knew nothing about it.

If some one is running around in random servers looking at all the other players in pink camo, they'll get caught.

But I would motion to allow nude female skins. :P

If someone is using custom skins on a pure server, it's a cheat, and will show in a screenshot (unless the skins are installed on the server also).

For un-pure servers, this isn't the case.

Just something that you guys might want to note, if you create a custom skin for SAS or OpFor, you need to DL an IWD that addresses these specific skins. Apparently in a lot of these MODs it's only Marines and however you spell the other one...lol