removing a patch

game-over

anyway to remove a patch? i installed 1.6 and alot fo servers are nto runnign it yet id liek to revert back to 1.5

Nope

Things to do when wanting to revert:

copy the complete CoD4 folder an all it contents in your Activation folder.

Then install patch, then when wanting to play 1.5 delete/ remove the one which have 1.6 patch installed and rename the copied one to original.

Now you need to un-install and patch to 1.5, remember to save you player folder with your rank :)

anyway to remove a patch? i installed 1.6 and alot fo servers are nto runnign it yet id liek to revert back to 1.5

There aren't a lot of servers running it yet, simply because today's release at Nvidia's site is client-sided. No server-sided patches have been released that I'm aware of yet. I am currently mid-way through updating my Windows server, and leaving my Linux server on 1.5 for the time being.

kool yeah i fixed it at any rate just copied my config_mp and mpdata file reinstalled the game put those two files back in the folder and reinstalled the patches to 1.5

p.s i have seen a few servers that is runnign 1.6 though

Edited by game-over

gameservers.com and myinternetservices now have the patch server-side and ready for easy-update. I'm updating both of my servers as we speak, and I'd imagine a fair number will be once they realize they can download it client-side as well.