What is the appropriate setting for cvar cg_fov?

LoPHaT

Greets to the PBBans community,

With the newest MCI update, many of my clan mates are getting kicked with a message stating "Cvar cg_fov (65) must be greater than 80." (What is not clear at this point from the reports that I have gotten is whether the number of 65 is the same for everyone or if it varies depending on the user)...

I am pretty-sure the issue here is the suggested CVAR check "pb_sv_cvar cg_fov IN 60 80"

I have disabled the check for now, but what must I do to get this corrected?

I look forward to your feedback.

Lo

Edited by LoPHaT

I am pretty-sure the issue here is the suggested CVAR check "pb_sv_cvar cg_fov IN 60 80"

No issues/conflicts here, just the check is rendered obsolete as the game caps it to 65-80 anyway ;p

If i recall it correctly one of the first versions (or the beta?) allowed to change it in console to lower values = custom made scope via bind

I've used 80 since I grabbed the game. The original version of the game before any patching allowed changes, and I do believe up to the second patch before it was capped to 80. Anything higher than 80 is really only good for sniping anyways, otherwise it just makes your screen look really warped out of shape.

I've used 80 since I grabbed the game. The original version of the game before any patching allowed changes, and I do believe up to the second patch before it was capped to 80. Anything higher than 80 is really only good for sniping anyways, otherwise it just makes your screen look really warped out of shape.

Thank you all for your input.

As a user in-game, what is the syntax to change the setting via console?