Modern Rcon/ RconMax

acschier

Hey there. Im new to this whole thing, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but i need help with my rcon. I will get my server set up and running then I open my rcon and try and login and it does nothing. My friends can log onto my server everytime but I havent been able to. i dont know if there are some options on my computer or setting that will restrict my login. And I'm very sorry if this is the wrong place for this kind of question. If it is could someone redirect me to the proper place. Thanks for your time!

I'm going to assume this is for COD4? If not then I apologize in advance.

1. You are sure you have the correct server IP and port entered?

2. The Rcon password has been entered correctly?

3. Can you enter rcon while in the game (entering /rcon login rconpwd on the console)?

4. Once logged into the in game rcon, can you issue server commands (/rcon map_restart)?

5. Do you have a firewall running which may be restricting traffic?

Additionally you could consider using ClanRcon by SOS Projects. This allows you to manage your servers with nothing but an internet connection and a web browser. You can also create and assign permission to others giving them the ability to manage the server without revealing the Rcon password.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes it is for COD 4. I have done or can do #1-4 and my interenet protection is turned off. And i dont think my windows firewall is a problem. I will try those Rcon and see how they work. if they dont work i got all the oldschool codes copied down for me to put into console lol =)