OCZ Equalizer mouse

Hunter--{A}--

This mouse comes with what they call a triple threat button. It causes the shoot button to be hit 3 times so fast that guns like the M14 & G3 fire a three shot burst without any kick back and the 50 cal has very little kick back.

In my opinion this is a hardware hack and is not in the spirit of fair gaming. You can read about this mouse here:

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=377

Here is a comment from the above review:

For example, in Day of Defeat: Source, the rifles and machine guns (that are already automatic so you can just hold down the button) didn't see a benefit with the button. However, the pistols and similar items were MUCH more effective when using the triple threat button to fire as it allows you to get three shots off faster while aiming than you could clicking the mouse separately. Effective, is the nice way of saying it; my friends call it the "cheater mouse" now but it's all about advantages!

Can this be detected and added to the reason's for banning?

If no software is required to use the triple treat then no it would not be detectable, even if it requires software to work I doubt EB would ban it.

It falls to the game devs to hardcode delays into the game to truely prevent it. This is why I think perm banning fire scripts is pointless on pub servers.

Leagues would take action against you for for it, and server admins may ban if they see it. Just because punkbuster isn't setup to detect something doesn't mean it's OK. :)

if its hardware you would have to figure out a way to scan hardware in order to find it, there is no way that you could tell if they were using it.

even with the mouse you can almost do the exact same with scripts + mousewheel bind... personally I dont believe either should be in place (and ive taken care of it on my side) but I also am pretty positive that Punkbuster will not setup a hardware ban for a mouse. Its kind of like having a better computer: if you have a better one with higher fps and such compaired to one with minium specs of course your going to have an advantage.

~Dan~

Maybe it is not something that an anticheat can or will ban for we check for it on our servers and will warn, kick, and ban as needed. It is about a level field of play in our book and server attendance backs that up. Sad that code is not in place but it is that way for now. Sure we wont be the top site to play but I would rather have 50 that play for the greater good than 100 that only care about their stats.

• 2 weeks later...
Leagues would take action against you for for it, and server admins may ban if they see it. Just because punkbuster isn't setup to detect something doesn't mean it's OK. :)

+1 here... TGL would look into it for sure if there was a complaint.

I've seen these people about on different servers.. Some of them use this macro utility that actually is configured to make a semi-automatic gun full automatic with next to no recoil, because of the gun shooting too fast..

On our servers, we warn then kick the player for it, if he keeps doing it he will get a time ban and in the end perm banned if he keeps it up. It might be legit software bought with the mouse, but it is an unfair advantage towards other people playing.

In my oppinion, everything that is not "Humanly" (I.e. Not directly controlled by the player) controlled, is to be considered an unfair advantage.

Though I highly doubt that this site and other anticheat communities will add these scripts and softwares to the ban reasons.

Edited by -EPC- Koudelka

You have that OCZ Equalizer mouse, Wolfking trooper mouse, N52's, G15's. And the list goes on for macro enabled hardware. Just something you have to get use to.

IMO, doesn't make a difference, If the guy equipped the p90 or M14, either you are going to kill him or not. Really comes down to who takes the first shot and has the better aim.

I remember gaming in Raven shield using my N52 pad, Has a D pad type of thing for your thumb, Every time I shot, I'd always crouch with the D-pad. I got accused plenty of times of using binds. which I never did.

Most people just like to complain about something if they die in game. Either you shoot to fast, Or crouch/jump to fast. Lets face it, There is no happy medium when someone kills ya.