2.55 Jaymod

*(NbA)*Bwah

My clan has setup a ET2.55 Jaymod (2.1.7) server. I want to know if anyone had experience with 2.55 and Jaymod, and maybe some advice in how to run the server? :)

*EDIT*

Maybe someone knows why my rate changes automatically? It's set to 25000 (server cvar limit is set to 25000) and it automatically changes to 27000/26000, I put it to 25000 (also tried 24000) but again it changes to 27000/26000. I put it to 5000 and I noticed it changes(rises) by 1000 approximately every 20 sec. :huh:

Edited by *(NbA)*Bwah

*EDIT*

Maybe someone knows why my rate changes automatically? It's set to 25000 (server cvar limit is set to 25000) and it automatically changes to 27000/26000, I put it to 25000 (also tried 24000) but again it changes to 27000/26000. I put it to 5000 and I noticed it changes(rises) by 1000 approximately every 20 sec. :huh:

Thats autorate of jaymod 2.1.7. To quote Jaybird.

I'll try not to get too technical.

The server sends a client a snapshot once every server frame. The snapshot contains your player state (stuff specific to just you that other clients don't get), and entity states (info that players get if they need it). It also contains stuff like commands to the client, which can be chats, updates to the compass, etc.

The client's rate determines how the server will treat the snapshots. I believe the rate is the number of bytes per second, but for the theory here it doesn't matter. If the packets will exceed the client's requested rate, the server will wait or split up the snapshot to fit under the client's rate request. These are yellow lines on the lagometer's bottom line. They also can create hitches on the client too.

The client's rate cannot exceed the server's sv_maxrate.

The auto stepping attempts to increase the client's rate up to the sv_maxrate such that no suppressed snapshots occur. This should help smooth out your gameplay experience. When a supressed snapshot is received, the client will increase its rate by 1000, and there is then a 5 second delay period where no more increases can occur. If suppressed snapshots still come it, it will raise it again, etc, until either the max is reached or no more supressed snapshots arrive. It isn't foolproof, however, as there is still a cap that gets reached because of the way the network works. Either way it helps your client play smoother with less hitches.

For this to work, server admins have to set their sv_maxrate cvars higher than normal. I usually run with 45000, though clients will never reach that mark.

Source: http://jaymod.clanfu.org/forums/viewtopic....highlight=45000