How can I submit video prrof to pbbans about a cheater?

-L3g3nd4ry-

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I'm new to the site and a little lost :P

Anyways I played on a CoD5 server today (with PB enabled & up to date) and this player, Prince-Harry, used some aimbot or hack to get him headshots and stuff through walls and trees etc. I took a video using my Xfire and I uploaded the video here. Is there anyway or anyone I can give this video to look at? Cuz I want to help take this guy down but even Punkbustered failed to pick it up; could be a new hack or something.

Thanks!

~L3g3nd4ry

Edited by -L3g3nd4ry-

We only accept 1person recorded demos, not from 3rd part capturing devices, as xfire, fraps etc.

Then the server needs to be streaming to us so we can verify the recorded demos to the logs created on the server and through our streaming.

For the moment CoD5 do not support demo recordings so there is at this point not much we can do, sorry.

Oh okay, damn oh well :( At least I put out there; this was recorded yesterday so some new aimbot is being used :(

There will always be a new hack out now and then, but not for long, we allways get them who use the, its all about some time before they always come to out forums or IRC to cry their innocents.

There will always be undetected hack out there ramping servers, because server admins lack the knowledge how to protect their servers.

AC ( Anti Cheat) is all about reaction, we need to know the cheat before we can detected, but game servers is not updated or do not stream to AC sites like PBBans.

If that server you was playing on had been streaming to us and the fact the game would have an demo recording feature you could made a demo recordings, hand that demo recording over to the server admins and they could submit that under their streaming account.

Actually it is not that many hack out there as many think, but allot more unprotected PB servers.

With the service of reviewing and banning demos here at PBBans I think the SGAs is very great full for this and actually do an difference in making PBBans streaming game servers clean for cheaters.

I always hesitate yelling "hack", especially with COD4 & 5 because of a few "perks" which used to be hacks in the old days.

First is UAV. A good player can take a quick glance and (knowing the map) have an excellent positioning of the "enemy" thru trees and walls.

Second is "deep impact" perk which allows bullets to go right through "thin walls", bushes, etc.

Third is the terrible spawning...notably on the map in the video. A small map, and good players know where the spawns are very quickly. I speced a player with similar "tactics" as shown. He "knew" where to aim because of the spawns...right through trees while he was hidden in the grass. I speced both 3rd and first person (try 1st person as it gives you a much better perspective than the 3rd person view) and couldn't "swear without a doubt" whether he was good or whether he was hacking.

I am not defending the player in the video....however I know this game requires a much more subjective view/analysis than the "normal" shooter.

There will always be a new hack out now and then, but not for long, we allways get them who use the, its all about some time before they always come to out forums or IRC to cry their innocents.

There will always be undetected hack out there ramping servers, because server admins lack the knowledge how to protect their servers.

AC ( Anti Cheat) is all about reaction, we need to know the cheat before we can detected, but game servers is not updated or do not stream to AC sites like PBBans.

If that server you was playing on had been streaming to us and the fact the game would have an demo recording feature you could made a demo recordings, hand that demo recording over to the server admins and they could submit that under their streaming account.

Actually it is not that many hack out there as many think, but allot more unprotected PB servers.

With the service of reviewing and banning demos here at PBBans I think the SGAs is very great full for this and actually do an difference in making PBBans streaming game servers clean for cheaters.

Hey I aint complaining :) You guys are doing a 99% GJ (the other 1% is up to the admins of those servers aforementioned). I know there is a hack born every 18 seconds and its hard to stay up to date; just a curious ponder: cant you guys crack those hacks' program code open and see whos actually distrubuting this stuff? Would help you a lot to find those meant-to-be gloabal bans :rolleyes:

Hey I aint complaining :)

Never said he was either ;)

I know there is a hack born every 18 seconds and its hard to stay up to date; just a curious ponder: cant you guys crack those hacks' program code open and see whos actually distrubuting this stuff?

Thats just an myth people live with and not true at all, let me put it this way, you don't know at the fullest what PBBans actually can do.

We do investigate the hack we receive from volunteers, rest is up to your imagination how we can be able to make MD5 and CVar checks for them.

There are many, many sites on the net that post forth "truths" that can easily be de-bunked. Can't believe everything you read, to be sure. Most of the sites that make certain claims like that are also usually full of posts about how punkbuster sucks and how they could "write a better anti-cheat" program. Now, if that were actually true, it'd have been done by now. That alone, is usually proof in the pudding that they're just posting random bs because they want something to complain about.

Not saying you are, either, btw. You took the time to make a post with a question you wanted answered, and that is always a good thing, around here. A person won't always find a previous post, or may have other questions that are not always answered to begin with, or perhaps the answer is buried in some random-titled thread.

No stupid questions, just un-asked ones.

I remember a guy that was into the hack-making business. He was on a power-level server and claimed to be a programmer, and wanted to make extra money selling hacks. He didn't see the problem with creating or selling them as long as he wasn't using them. I'm not gonna post his info publicly on here partly because i don't remember his name, just clan tags.

Oh okay, damn oh well :( At least I put out there; this was recorded yesterday so some new aimbot is being used :(

If your recording was made on a none streaming server that is just running PB on its own, it may well be that the cheat used is not as new as you think :)

Streaming is not a luxury, these days its a neccessity, and PBBans keeps cheat cvar / MD5 scans, bang up to date.

I have heard that the recording a demo facility will be introduced in the next patch for w@w, for the life of me I do not know why it was left out in the first place.

As for the cheat makers claims :rolleyes: their whole business is based on lies and deception.

They would not sell many if the truth was told

If your recording was made on a none streaming server that is just running PB on its own, it may well be that the cheat used is not as new as you think :)

Streaming is not a luxury, these days its a neccessity, and PBBans keeps cheat cvar / MD5 scans, bang up to date.

I have heard that the recording a demo facility will be introduced in the next patch for w@w, for the life of me I do not know why it was left out in the first place.

As for the cheat makers claims :rolleyes: their whole business is based on lies and deception.

They would not sell many if the truth was told

Hey fozzer have you ever stopped to think about what you just said? Because please correct me if Im wrong. YOU wouldn't be in business, now would you??? Now thats is the truth, LOL

And for the what it worth dept. Yea the guy in the Xfire vid is cheating. It's a toggle aimbot. they can toggle it on and off. It's been around for a long time. PunkBuster is worthless. I can go on a streaming server YEA one of yours. And prove beyond a shadow of doubt it has cheaters on it that PB does NOT detect.

PB will only detect cheats the first two weeks after an update. And it hasn't been updated since 11/17. Dont get me wrong Im not dis' ing what you do here. I know it's a lot of work from a lot of people who volunteer the time and services. In fact I want to thank everyone for they do. Ill make my own thread. : )

Hey fozzer have you ever stopped to think about what you just said? Because please correct me if Im wrong. YOU wouldn't be in business, now would you??? Now thats is the truth, LOL

And for the what it worth dept. Yea the guy in the Xfire vid is cheating. It's a toggle aimbot. they can toggle it on and off. It's been around for a long time. PunkBuster is worthless. I can go on a streaming server YEA one of yours. And prove beyond a shadow of doubt it has cheaters on it that PB does NOT detect.

PB will only detect cheats the first two weeks after an update. And it hasn't been updated since 11/17. Dont get me wrong Im not dis' ing what you do here. I know it's a lot of work from a lot of people who volunteer the time and services. In fact I want to thank everyone for they do. Ill make my own thread. : )

By "in business" .. that means making money, we do not make a red cent here, whats donated is all ploughed back in.

I have read my post a few times now, still fail to see what your on about.

Why dont you code your own anti cheat solution, if PB is as worthless as you claim you would be a rich man in no time.

Were did you get the 2 weeks thing from .. link ?

Ever hear of silent detections ?

i doubt the toggle aimbot has been around "for a long time" considering the game won't even be a month old for 3 more days. ;) A month isn't long, unless you live your life in dog years.

Treyarch will likely fix a number of issues with the next major patch, and as for anti-cheat, it's all about the reaction time.

A cheat has to come out first, before it can be detected. It never works to put the cart before the horse, nor can any anti-cheat group private or public foree the future. There will always be something new that goes undetected for a brief period, but they are all eventually caught. ;)