Auto prestige 10 rank

Patton191

I don't believe that the auto prestige rank 10 program should be a bannable offense. The program merely does what the super rank up servers do. The only difference is that it is on a much smaller scale. If Evenbalance wants to crack down on people sweeping through all the ranks they should attempt to crack down on the servers that have 100000 xp points per kill as opposed to something that a select few are doing. A friend of mine was permanently banned from all servers using this database. It isn't as if this program grants anyone a greater amount of skill or makes it easier to kill other players. All it does is simply the exact same thing that servers using this pb database do. It marvels me that a program that merely brings someone up to rank if they for example wanted to create another account with a new name( which is why my friend used the program). Does someone who wanted a new name, but also keep their guns, deserve to be permanently banned? I don't think so, but whatever your decision may be I understand that you are trying to crack down on hackers, but I just cant say how it is a hack( and if it is considered a hack, how it gives a user an upperhand over another player.)

Patton

I don't believe that the auto prestige rank 10 program should be a bannable offense. The program merely does what the super rank up servers do. The only difference is that it is on a much smaller scale. If Evenbalance wants to crack down on people sweeping through all the ranks they should attempt to crack down on the servers that have 100000 xp points per kill as opposed to something that a select few are doing. A friend of mine was permanently banned from all servers using this database. It isn't as if this program grants anyone a greater amount of skill or makes it easier to kill other players. All it does is simply the exact same thing that servers using this pb database do. It marvels me that a program that merely brings someone up to rank if they for example wanted to create another account with a new name( which is why my friend used the program). Does someone who wanted a new name, but also keep their guns, deserve to be permanently banned? I don't think so, but whatever your decision may be I understand that you are trying to crack down on hackers, but I just cant say how it is a hack( and if it is considered a hack, how it gives a user an upperhand over another player.)

Patton

A hack is defined as an application that alters a game or game memory to obtain features not normally available to players. Since power servers are created by changing server settings and therefore do not modify or alter the game, they are not a form of hacking so there is no reason for EB to take action against them.

Stat padding, etc is not hacking in any game and it's up to the developer to take action against players for doing so.

Moan at Evenbalance, they made the decision to detect those hacks - not us.

Besides, the reaction you will get if you admit to using such hacks might not be as warm as you would like... Particularly here. I am of the opinion that if you use the rank hack, you are a hacker. Simple as.

So someone who uses the rank program will be thrown in the same boat as the people who go into servers with aimbots and empty servers? Or someone who is able to crash servers with a hack should be permanently banned on all the same servers as someone who uses a program to get prestige rank? The hacks are no where near comparable and should not be thrown in the same boat as people who can come in and ruin servers.

I am not saying that it shouldn't be punishable, but is it as bad as most hacks?

Patton

If a bannable violation is raised by PunkBuster software, a ban will be issued by the PBBans Hub (providing the server streams here). Any violation of number 50,000 or higher will not be lifted unless EvenBalance state it is triggered in error.