banned for a game I dont even play

jeeber

I was playing 2142 on server about a week ago and for no apparent reason was kicked, when I tried to rejoin found that I was banned. when I inquired at server website I was told that there were 4 pb violations in soldier of fortune 2 and that it was an ip ban. I have never had any pb trouble in the past but my issue is this- I have never even played soldier of fortune 2. they mentioned something about linked guid's as well.

Is there help you guys can give me on this situation? I'm just trying to figure out if they were full of bandini or not.

your probably linked to those bans, but links are never solid. I would think that you have a dynamic IP and that is how you were tied to them.

The bf2142 guid that you have has been logged on 90 different IPs... I would say its dynamic and the link isn't reliable.

if it's that unreliable why would they ban so quickly. its not as if I went into their server and mopped the floor with them. sure, every dog has his day but that wasn't mine by any stretch.

this is the response in the forums that I was given-

The main reason is that there are 4 bans under sof2 in linked guids, we will normally ban anyone that has bans in other games, the rationale being that, if you cheat in one game, very good possibility that you will cheat in another.
as I stated before I have never played soldier of fortune 2. is there any way to disassociate these bans with myself if they are indeed even there?

this is the response in the forums that I was given-as I stated before I have never played soldier of fortune 2. is there any way to disassociate these bans with myself if they are indeed even there?

Afraid not.

If they want to ban you because your IP was used by a SoF2 hacker, that's their call.

All you can do is point out that you have a dynamic IP address and that it doesn't necessarily mean it was you.

does that kind of information come up automatically when I join a pb streaming server or does an inquiry of some sort have to be made in some way. if it does that would go a long way to explain a lot of stuff.

fantastic! I really appreciate your help in the matter. I think that I would have been happier if they had just told the truth and said they just didn't want me on their server instead of making up a bogus reason like this.

Edited by jeeber

fantastic! I really appreciate your help in the matter. I think that I would have been happier if they had just told the truth and said they just didn't want me on their server instead of making up a bogus reason like this.

Iceman, that wasn't the only reason he was banned...we also did some other checking and came up with another server chat log where their admin caught him and another clan member stat padding....never mind the youtube video of him showing how to stat pad. Our server looks into things quite well I think, better than most servers. Don't let jeeber lead you to think that we just banned him "because we didn't want him on our server". We had our reasons and we felt they were validated.

Edited by SturimUp

this is the response I was given.

" The main reason is that there are 4 bans under sof2 in linked guids, we will normally ban anyone that has bans in other games, the rationale being that, if you cheat in one game, very good possibility that you will cheat in another." this logic is understandable if there were grounds for it at the time. the ban doesn't bother me, its the excuse they gave that does. as for the incident mentioned I have done everything I could to live it down. but everybody has things that they have done that they are ashamed of.

maybe {POW} should look at the servers that their admins frequent (knife only) before they stir that pot as it were. but that isn't what this forum is for.

Stats-padding isn't cheating, but if a given clan wants to ban 'padders, that is their choice. My recommendation, simply get on with the day and go find another server to play on.

you are absolutely right,but playing on their server isn't an issue at this point, it's out of the question. I don't have a problem with that. I was following up with what they suggested and was told the information I was givin from pbbans is incorrect, while the entire time they were telling me that pbbans was their source.

" I don't care if you have a dynamic IP address (which is BS by the way) it still shows that you have have several bans on several different games"

was their response. I guess they aren't used to people following up and calling their bluff.