CoD4 PBG(UID) script

blrmkr

G'day,

I was wondering whether it would be possible to write a script for PB that allows you to record all GUID's that you've played with and save it to a log with the GUID's username next to it, and any other username that GUID gets used with.

Thanks,

Justin

If you run a server, You can use aliasfinder the server admin edition (aliasfinderMS), which is free. You grab the PB logs and import them into AF and it will display every IP & Nick & date used on a particular guid.

Now there is a client version(aliasfinderCL) this version will capture the pb_plist from the console. But I'm not sure if Peel updated it for cod4. Also, the client version you have to pay for, But there is a free trial to test drive the software first

http://www.aliasfinder.co.uk/

I been using the MS version for a good 4-5 years now, works great for tracking players/cheaters.

**EDIT**

Oh yeah, If you run a server, You can use the alias tracker built into punkbuster, Works quite well. It' records every username recorded for a guid, and it also allows everyone in the server to use it. admin or not.

pb_sv_AliasFn "pbalias.dat" //[Filename (default="pbalias.dat")]

pb_sv_AliasAutoLoad 1 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

pb_sv_AliasMax 20 //[Max # of Aliases to track for each PB GUID]

pb_sv_AliasMaxEnforce 0 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

And when in the server, type /pb_plist in the console, Find the slot number you want to search, then type /pb_alist <slot> IE: /pb_alist 5 If someone used a lot of names, and tries to hide, in the /pb_plist it will show you with ^alias^ next to their name :D

We use it on the =ERF= check it out when you see people connected to the server 208.43.23.168:28960

Edited by Agent-86

• 2 weeks later...
And when in the server, type /pb_plist in the console, Find the slot number you want to search, then type /pb_alist <slot> IE: /pb_alist 5 If someone used a lot of names, and tries to hide, in the /pb_plist it will show you with ^alias^ next to their name :D

That is a very useful and under used feature.

• 1 year later...

Not possible unless you want to sit with a notepad and pen doing /pb_plist over and over again :P

Well not quite ;)

I know it's old but not that old, and there is a way. I wrote a program a while back that grabbed the memory chunk that COD4 used to store the entire console log. All the stats, joins, parts, pb info, etc.

It IS possible, but you just need to be a programmer to do it.

As a client, I wrote an app that would scan the memory for any pb player list, store them in a list box and made it easy to kick, ban, etc any player without having to access console. Just needed rcon privileges.

It's also a good way to store guids for later use, to keep track on aliases.

While it's a pain to program, it is worth it and while I also don't have any code now (lost it a long time ago from a rebuild) to say it's not possible is limiting ingenuity. Where there is a will, there is a way.

(Incorporate it with a cheap sendkeys api, you don't even need to be playing to read the chat in game, get guids, kick, ban, as long as you have the game open and are connected - only PB itself prevents accessing the game entirely from a client perspective, you'll always need the game open and connected to keep that happy)