On both 2142 and BF2 I am getting kicked out with the error of Dissallowed Program/ Driver [80249]

Ebon

On both 2142 and BF2 I am getting kicked out with the error of Dissallowed Program/ Driver [80249]

I am receiving this kick on both BF2 and 2142. I have removed and re-installed pbsetup, shut down all background programs, updated GL drivers just incase and deleted all caches. I'm really eluded by this. Everything on both games was working just fine and then instantly both games are booting me with this PB message. Any help on this?

Have you opened a ticket with Evenbalance?

http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/new_ticket.php

You may also want to scan your computer for spyware/malware. There have been reports in which a player was getting kicked with the same error message you are getting and it was due to malware running in the background.

Just a thought.

Found it, the malware is called Virtumonde. Good luck getting rid of this thing if you ever get it, Ad Aware, AVG, and Norton have all failed so far. It listens for your net to be accessed then sends you to add sites that are familiar subjects to what you use the web for. I can see why PB would detect that string. Anyway to avoid this atleast in the mean time to get PB to allow play?

Virtumonde is a nasty mofo. All well and good cleaning your PC out - but it is never completely gone. Back up your stuff and reformat - unless you could find your identity in some very unsavoury places online.

I would suggest using Sandboxie on all your browsers (kinda like a virtual machine, just for your web browser or any other program) - it will keep any nasties you pick up on your web travels in a neat little box you can just empty out when you are done... no harm done then :)

Good luck!

Well if they can find something useful on it I would commend them, the infected machine is an isolated game box only. Anything important like what I'm doing work or home purposes is on a lap top wi fi. So no worries there. As long as it's living its purpose I am content. Thank you for the help.

Edited by Ebon