Disallowed Program/Driver [125057]

woundedFrog

Hi,

I have a problem with BattleField2.

So i'll explain my situation...

I live in New Zealand and for some strange reason i can play on all Local servers, on all of them, but when i try to play on overseas servers like ones in the USA, i get kicked and a message saying "Restriction: Disallowed Program/Driver [125057]".

Now i know for a fact that it can't be a ping issue, for ONE - i've been playing on those servers for more than a year, SECOND - i own one of them(a server in the US) and have been playing there for long time too and the ping kick limit is set to 400.

The other games i play online are "CoD5 and CoD4 and BF2142" and i haven't been kicked from them even ONCE. even now still.

So what i don't get is, if it's a program on my pc that is causeing it, then why not with all of the games?

Just for info sake,

1) i am USING Windows7 and yes i know evenbalance doesn't support BETA OS, and i'm not expert at it, but even i can tell that it's obviously not a problem with PB and WIN7... or i would have had teh same prob with all my games, right?

2) Yes, i have the logitech G15 keyboard with it's software installed and i got the G5 mouse, but i unintalled the software already and it didn't work

3) i uninstalled Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 and it still did it, i allowed PB through my Firewall with no change.

BF2 works on local servers(NO KICKS)

but it doesn't work on US SERVERS(overseas) and i get the message "disallowed progr..."

I can run Call of Duty 5-WaW; Call of Duty 4-MW; BattleField2142, without any problems, without any kicks from Punkbuster, but in battlefield2 i get kicked from all overseas servers.

SO please, i have opened a ticket at evenbalance about it, and i recieved ONE reply more than a week ago... and they didn't help much.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks,

Curmet

EDIT: btw, i have deleted PB completely and reinstalled it. including deleting the one in BF2 and it didn't work.

Edited by woundedFrog

what do you mean? :)

Sorry, I made that post too quickly and meant to edit it later, but I simply forgot :D

Anyway, as you said, Windows 7 is a beta OS.

EB does not officially support Windows 7, and my guess is that your problem is still somehow related to that.

I've heard from several people that they have issues with some (but not all) PB-enabled games, when running Windows 7.

It's definitely strange that it only happens in servers that are overseas though, so at this point all you can do is wait for EB's response, pretty much.

Edit: Your sure it happens on all overseas servers? It could be that it only happens on servers running pv_sv_restrictions 1 (or 2), and that the ones it works on, simply have it at 0 (or 1).

Edit2: What did Evenbalance reply to your ticket?

Edited by Lucky_Fr4gg3r

Thanks for the reply:)

this is the reply i got from the support ticket*

___02/05/2009 16:20:21 - "Hendrik Thole"pblogo_small.gifNote #3: Could you please look if you have any of the following files on your computer using the Windows Search functionality (from the Start menu, search for files or folders):

Specific files

MGSysCtrl.exe

MGKBHook.dll

tlntwucl.dll

mciawmsp.dll

eSDLoader.exe

MSNCHATHOOK.dll

Openwide.exe

Specific programs

Tlen.pl Instant messaging program

OrbitDownloader

System Control Manager

cfishlman.exe (part of CFi ShellToys)

Shedko sShutdown

Please report in a new note if you have any of the above files. In addition run a full spyware/malware/virus scan on your system.

----

well i have no idea what version of pv_sv_restrictions 1 (or 2) the servers are running, but i tried a few different clan's servers and they were all US server and they all kicked me.

Evenbalance hasn't replied for 10days more than 10, so i doubt they will cause i sent them another one yesterday and nothing.

I have no idea what is wrong, but i'm sure why i only get kicked from overseas servers but i just made sure again and i'm still able to play on local ones.

Edited by woundedFrog

Evenbalance can take a few days to respond to you. Just keep that in mind. They get hundreds of tickets a day. It may take them a while to respond but they will respond.

okay, thanks... i'll keep on waiting, as it's all i can do:/

but what could be a possible cause i mean, one sort of server kicks but the other one doesn't?

If it really happens on all servers overseas, that's very strange indeed.

I assume you followed the steps he suggested in the ticket and came out empty handed, yeah?

If so, all you can do right now, is wait for another reply.

Edited by Lucky_Fr4gg3r

Have you tried "right click and select run as administrator"? for Windows 7?

Second issue, with Vista alone, I had to do this for BF2, and then also set the game into compatibilty mode for XP, as Vista and newer do not support certain older games.

currently no joystick, mouse=G5, keyboard=G15.

i uninstalled my keyboard software and it didnt' work, and i only get kicked from US servers but not local ones... so it should be something else?!

anyway, i checked to see what version of Restriction our server is running, and it's running "pv_sv_restrictions 1"

Is it happening on every server or just a few. The admins can enable PB to alow restricions or not, which would stop some keyboard programs from running, it is designed to catch people from using macros but is not bannable. I had it happen to me with my G-11 keyboard. If you look in task manager, you will find two Logitec related task running. Try disabling them prior to starting you game and see if this works. they are LogitecDesktopM... and I cant find the other , but it will have Logitec in the name. Let me know if this helps.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?sho...+Program/Driver

Edited by CombatRsq

windows 7 surely is the cause. clan-mate had the same kick type when he ran windows 7 ( i think the number MAY be diff but its obv not restrictions kicking him)

Edited by AfeX^ruari

Support ticket update from evenbalance!

QUOTE:

Note #9: Please close ALL running programs on your computer and then join a Punkbuster enabled server to see if you still get kicked. If you're not kicked at this point, it means that one of the previously closed programs is causing the kick. Therefore we need to find out which program that is. This can be accomplished by starting each (previously closed) program one by one. If the kick returns we now know which program is causing it.

It is recommended to close the game first before starting individual programs. To save time you can also start several programs at once (say 2 or 3 programs) to speed up the search.

Please let me know the results, thanks

QUOTE END

i haven't tried it yet, but will today or tomorrow!

I just encountered a similar problem. I downloaded an add on for Teamspeak which allows me to run TS options in game and see and change things I would normally have to ALT-TAB out to see or do. Now that I have this program running I get kicked from my clan's server, located in Dallas. I uninstalled it and it seems to have solved the problem. So any program that is "hooked" into your game is going to cause this problem. Either uninstall such a program if you have it (or something) and see what happens.

i was thinking, since it's only on servers that i get a high ping, could it be that whenever my ping goes up above a certain number that something is triggered and or i get kicked for taht something being triggered(almost like a "HIGH PING" kick) i know it's not the PB reason, but ping is the only difference between local and non-local servers, so what is triggered when my ping goes up?!:/