md5/cvar checks

REM

Hi, I kinda read a help topic on this, however it looked like it was out of date as the directions did not match what was coming up. I would like to make sure that the server is doing the md5/cvar checks but I don't know exactly what I am looking for. The help showed a config and it had some cvar stuff in it. Is that all for the cvars? I did not see anything on the md5 checks. Can anyone help out please?

Hi, I kinda read a help topic on this, however it looked like it was out of date as the directions did not match what was coming up. I would like to make sure that the server is doing the md5/cvar checks but I don't know exactly what I am looking for. The help showed a config and it had some cvar stuff in it. Is that all for the cvars? I did not see anything on the md5 checks. Can anyone help out please?

The first step is to configure your servers for streaming to PBBans and apply for a Team Account. Once you've been upgraded to SGA status you'll have access to the PBBans CVAR/MD5 checks.

The following is a list of links to help with streaming to PBBans

Starters Guide: http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-starterguide.html

Web Guide: http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-hubguide.html

PDF Version: http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?aut...s&showcat=1

Sample Configs: http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?aut...s&showcat=3

Account Application: http://www.pbbans.com/account_application.php

Automated Hub Setup: http://www.pbbans.com/webtool.php

Thanks for replying but what I really want to know is if the md5 checks on the server are properly set up. Since I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for I am asking if someone could please tell me what I should be looking for.

8.12.22.144:28960

well you do not have access to our MCI which contains the md5 checks... but if you want you can do a pb_sv_restart and then download the latest server log and if should show you the list of md5 checks you have.

-Dan

You do not have a team account here at PBBans. However, the server is streaming under:

Team: The Fighting 69th Infantry Division (=|69th|=)

Account ID: 7204

Streaming Status: Streaming (1 / 1)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Server List

CODWW - 8.12.22.144:28960 (Streaming)

User List

DeadSnipe (121516)

If you are an administrator for the server, you can issue this command via RCON:

[/rcon] pb_sv_md5toollist

Multiple entries should be returned. If you get such a response, checks are correctly in place.

well are you trying to setup your own or where did you get them?

-Dan

As far as I can tell from AMBL. I'm not trying to be a pain here but the whole configuration thing is very confusing. It is like trying to learn a new language. You have your PBBans, your PsB, your PB which is by the way aka Even Balance. It took a week just figuring out these were different entities with the exception of PB/EB. The last time I saw this much PB was lunch time at daycare! :P

You do not have a team account here at PBBans. However, the server is streaming under:

Team: The Fighting 69th Infantry Division (=|69th|=)

Account ID: 7204

Streaming Status: Streaming (1 / 1)

Server List

CODWW - 8.12.22.144:28960 (Streaming)

User List

DeadSnipe (121516)

If you are an administrator for the server, you can issue this command via RCON:

[/rcon] pb_sv_md5toollist

Multiple entries should be returned. If you get such a response, checks are correctly in place.

Thanks I punched in the command and got a nice list. It was reassuring at least to see that something is in there.

As far as I can tell from AMBL. I'm not trying to be a pain here but the whole configuration thing is very confusing. It is like trying to learn a new language. You have your PBBans, your PsB, your PB which is by the way aka Even Balance. It took a week just figuring out these were different entities with the exception of PB/EB. The last time I saw this much PB was lunch time at daycare! :P

PBBans checks are not available via the PunksBusted Auto-MBL. It's up to you who's checks you use. You can also combine both if you have time to do so.

PunksBusted MD5 tool checks list is generally longer and contains more checks. At PBBans, older checks are removed when the cheats are natively detected by PunkBuster, keeping the list shorter. Remember, by default, PunkBuster performs an MD5 tool check once every 50 seconds. So if you have a massively long list, it will take a long time to carry out all checks.