blank pbss

rage1994

hey wen i check the pbss some are black u cant se a thing just the guids name and all the writing at the bottom any help some plz tell me wt happened <_<

Black screenshots can indicate several things:

- player ALT+TAB out of the game

- player is using a hack

- player has not updated PB (Punkbuster)

- Vista bug

- GFX video driver issue

There for a black screenshot is not-bannable!!

Nothing to worry about.

not really.... would you be mad if you got banned because you run vista and get black ss??? i would be really pissed if i did. Plenty of us here on pbbans have black ss when they are taken on us.

• 3 weeks later...

I would kick any player from my server with black ss if its vista then you need to turn off antilallising in your video options.

In my experience most hackers have black ss so if there black kick them if they cant be arsed to turn aa off and come back on then ban them.

don't think anti-aliasing in vista comes close to being the only reason for black pbss

Black screenshots can indicate several things:

- player ALT+TAB out of the game

- player is using a hack

- player has not updated PB (Punkbuster)

- Vista bug

- GFX video driver issue

There for a black screenshot is not-bannable!!

Nothing to worry about.

Edited by HSMagnet

• 2 months later...

I've been banned on a BF2 Sniper server, this is the post:

You didn't get kills of the map. The reason was that your screenshots are ALL black, every single one of them. There's a code on them, either B1 or B0. B0 means you're "alt-tabbed" out of the game. Plus, at the bottom of the screen, it says "Screen Shot Failed", nothing fails a screenshot CONSTANTLY. You weren't alt-tabbed out because you killed Aries which suggested you were in game. Where you were sitting, and where you killed him from was too far beyond the viable range to normally be seen (too foggy on Sharqi Peninsula). An admin from this clan was on your side and he went to the exact spot you were and looked at the spot of which you killed Aries. That spot could not be seen.

This raises definate suspicion as constantly failed screenshots suggests a screenshot blocker, which comes with hacks.

Unless you are able to clear up the situation with your screenshots, you can not be unbanned because you have been brought up by several members for suspicious game play and after 40 of your SS have been checked the other day by our members and they all came out black, B0, Screen Capture Failed, you were banned under suspicion.

-Advisor Akuzimo

===================

I've never hacked/cheated/glitched/exploited, etc in fact, when I game, I game with those that our purely against any such idea or notion, but i'm banned none the less.

Now, Having never received a ban from ANY server since 2005, How can I take care of this matter so it doesn't happen again?

PS,

In a private message I received, they told me I am going to be Globally banned so I figure, since I'm now registered with this website, I plan to appeal.

TEAZER[0331]

Edited by TEAZER_0331

This is a matter that you must deal with the server admin who banned you. PBBans does not ban for black screenshots nor can a server admin who streams to PBBans "globally" ban you. Only EvenBalance can administer Global Bans and they ban for cheating and not buggy black screenshots.

Besides....Akuzimo is not a Streaming Game Admin here at PBBans.

Thank you,

I just updated my Punk Buster, and they let me back in the server and the screen shots are A-OK. Unbanned.

For a minute there they almost convinced me I was hacking... uggh! Now I know what REALLY good players feel like.