Multiple guids

Sinn-U1

I was with an admin the other day about a suspected hacker. He said the guy has 3 guids. He said hackers tend to have a lot of guids because they have to change keys all the time after getting banned. Anyway, I said maybe the guy played at a couple of friends' house, on their guid. He said that when you log into YOUR account BF2 will use your guid no matter what computer you are on. Is that true? I am skeptical because I used to play with this guy who was from Canada and he said he played at internet cafes. He had 5 different guids the last time I checked.

I am not discounting the notion that hackers have multiple guids only that when you log into your account on someone else's game key it will use YOUR guid.

Your GUID is based on your CD-Key. So unless the player installed with the same cd-key on every computer he plays on, he will have a different guid.

Gaming centers usually have 20-30 computers. Each computer will have a different guid.

That's exactly what I thought but I just wanted to make sure.

p.s. anyone know why when I use the MPI and type in someone's name exactly the MPI will return no results? I'm talking Colonels with 150,000 points, not someone who's never played before. Happened to me twice tonight.

Edited by ~Shab~

The thing you have to remember about BF2, is that there is A TON of account theft and spoofing that occurs there... That's why I stopped having a ranked server...

That's exactly what I thought but I just wanted to make sure.

p.s. anyone know why when I use the MPI and type in someone's name exactly the MPI will return no results? I'm talking Colonels with 150,000 points, not someone who's never played before. Happened to me twice tonight.

only SGA and above have access to MPi results of players that do not have violations

there is a message at the bottom of the search box explaining this

only SGA and above have access to MPi results of players that do not have violations

there is a message at the bottom of the search box explaining this

That's not what I am talking about.

If I put in a clean players name it tells me

"Clean GUID(s)"

1 result(s) found public access can not view clean players

But occasionally when I put in someone's name it sayd

No results found.

Here's a pic. I find it odd that someone with over 150,000 pts is not in the MPi.

pic0000.jpg

People who are not SGAs cannot view the info for clean players.

I searched the name DaGraveFilla. It does come up with one clean GUID on that same, and there is one linked GUID that is banned on the PBBans MBI, but it seems as though it wasn't actually that person who was hacking.

Someone will only show up on the MPi if they have played on a server that streams to PBBans, which not all servers do. Or, they might have a ban on another site and that might make them show up.

Correct me if im wrong.

Also, the MPI keeps track of any tags that the player wears as part of the name. If they have always worn a clan tag, just searching an exact match for the actual player name will come up with nothing as well.

Also, get your servers streaming if they aren't already. :D

I see one of your searches was quaff. Good player, until he starts spouting racist comments at players.

I see one of your searches was quaff. Good player, until he starts spouting racist comments at players.

Yeah, he's an emotional cripple. I was in his squad just today when he screamed "GET TO SQ NOW YOU (*&^^%$^%$*" and then kicked me and two others. I came back and said "dude I had 3 ppl in front of me, I couldn't rush off to Square." That sent him into a profane rage so I left.

Agree with Big_Guy.

No results came up for DaGraveFilla, cause he never played with the name alone.

That name is attached with his tag: )BiT( DaGraveFilla

Always try different options, when you search for a name by alias.

In this case you had to search him with Partial (*Alias).

**Note: to search partial is only available for SGA and higher.