Global GUID Ban

Bill-

it is globally banned by EvenBalance for AimBot on Dec 20, 2008

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-9d80518c-vb103661.html

seems someone in Germany acquired the key and cheated with it

i am sorry there is nothing to be done but to purchase another copy of the game from a legitimate source and protect your info

Germans! :o

Well, that sucks my bawlz a whole lot... How the hell would this german have got hold of it? I've had no Germans round my house!!!

...Just cause we won the war... It's a conspiracy, I tellz ya!

Don't suppose appealing the ban would do anything? Especially after nearly 3 years...

Thanks for looking that up :(

:flaminmad:

I have no idea what you're doing but that is not .:BIA:. waffles_is_win's GUID. That GUID is still Clean and ends:

33f0fd37

The GUID you are currently using is:

4ec96bb3f52d9e2400a401309d80518c

Which did belong to that German and is globally banned.

You appear to have some how obtained that banned Germans CD-Key and have been entering it has your own, or making the exact same typo everytime you enter it, which just happens to be the same CD-key as the German guys, which you appear to have used only once on the 6 Feb 10.

Edited by {BFK}Brit_FK

Weird... I'm just typing what's on the back of my manuals...

Well, the player name that was linked earlier in the thread is definitely me (the one with the .:BIA:. clan tag). But, thinking about it, I didn't use that in BF2, only BF2142... Could that be confusing the issue somehow? When I first installed 2142, I linked my BF2 character to my newly created 2142 so I got that little '2' tag on my name and started at a higher rank...

Also, I have both BF2 and the Special Force games installed, would each CDKey somehow interfere?

I can supply a pici of both my manuals if needs be :o

B

EDIT: Haven't had the game installed since I started this thread... Would explain why it's been used today (6th Feb)

Edited by Bill-

I mean I'd supply a pici to EvenBalance (with some of the key blacked out) or EA or whatever but yeah... I wouldn't post one on a public forum at least, I'm not that thick ;) ... I'm just bloody annoyed at this... :(

I've updated my EvenBalance ticket reflecting what's happened in this thread so I guess I just wait to see what they say :(

B

Just ensure your entering the correct one for that game.

BF2 key for BF2

Expansion Key for the Expansion

And you haven't mixed them up and ensure you're not entering o instead of 0. for example zero should have a diagonal line through it were O for Oranges will not. Other than triple checking your entering the key correctly not much more.

And if you still keep getting the German guys GUID someone could have switched your manual, did you say a friend or someone brought the game recently, second hand maybe?

Yeah, my brother bought the game from Gamestation as a pre-owned way back when but we definitely used the CDKey in his case and his actually works... This is the main reason I'm wanting to play the game again as he found that Forgotten Hope 2 MOD and we both really like WW2... blah blah blah.

Any way, I'll reinstall again -- now that I have the patches it shouldn't take too long -- double checking the o's and 0's and triple checking the whole thing.

Just a thought, is it worth it to try installing just BF2 (no expansion) to see if that works? I still don't quite understand where the GUID comes into it; does each CDKey have one? Thus could it be that only one of my CDKeys (BF2/Spec Forces) is banned?

B

Edited by Bill-

• 3 weeks later...