I need Removed from a Banned Account

ratchetmn

I am the NUNYA! clan founder. I have recently had an issue with a member that was accused of hacking. He was put on the MPi. He has since resigned from the clan to help us out and has made a public resignation. He has also been removed from the members list and rooster:

Public Resignation Link

Player Rooster Link

I tried to re-apply for streaming, but it says Im already tied to his banned account. The account is: #7899 and gives this error:

** Access Denied **

Account 7899 is suspended.

Please contact a PBBans admin for further assistance.

Can I get removed from that account so that I can apply for streaming again?

No need to re-apply. Your account's suspension has been lifted.

Team: NUNYA! Clan (NUNYA!)

Account ID: 7899

Streaming Status: Not Streaming (0 / 0)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Server List

User List

ratchetmn (140241)

Helpful Links:

Account Management

CVAR / MD5 Scans (Setup and Use)

PBBans Hub Flags

Master Player Index

Automated Hub Setup

Not Streaming Fix

7899a.png

Excellent. Does that mean streaming will commence now? Or do I have to enable it somehow?

You will have to set up your servers to stream yourself if it wasn't done in the past, using either our Automated Hub Setup or the manual Hub Streaming Guide.

Don't forget to add your server(s) to your account as well, by going here.

Excellent. Does that mean streaming will commence now? Or do I have to enable it somehow?

You'll need to add the server back to your team account. If the server still have the PBBans PBUCON command configured, the servers will automatically start streaming again once approved.

Ok I ran the hub setup before I got a response here. I saw that something changed in a sticky topic and just wanted to be safe. I have added the server to the server list. Thanks for the help. How long before it gets approved?

Also what flags would provide optimum protection without lagging the server out when its full at 64 players?

Ok I ran the hub setup before I got a response here. I saw that something changed in a sticky topic and just wanted to be safe. I have added the server to the server list. Thanks for the help. How long before it gets approved?

Also what flags would provide optimum protection without lagging the server out when its full at 64 players?

Have a look here.

For optimal protection, I personally recommend:

Enforce Bans

Enforce EBL 1

Enforce EBL 2

EBL stands for External Banlist. More info on what these stand for can be found in this sticky.

Whether you want ban announcements/personal greetings is up to you. The Accept flags are not needed when the Enforce Bans flag is flagged, in case you were wondering why they're missing in my list.

Make sure to also regularly do a manual update of your MD5-checks, as the automated flag is experimental and does't always work. You can find the checks in the MCI. If you're not sure on how to update them, follow this guide.

Edit: Approval usually takes no more then a few hours, although it's usually faster then that.

Edit2: Seems it's all sorted now ;)

Streaming Status: Streaming (1 / 1)

Server List

BF2 - 72.37.185.26:16567 (Streaming)

User List

ratchetmn (140241)

Helpful Links:

Account Management

CVAR / MD5 Scans (Setup and Use)

PBBans Hub Flags

Master Player Index

Automated Hub Setup

Not Streaming Fix

7899a.png

Streaming Status: Streaming (1 / 1)

there ya go

Thanks alot to the staff. I just updated the MD5/CVAR.

I have to configure the flags, but other than that Im all set.

EDIT- I just noticed it doesnt have an option to enable CVAR bans? Does BF2 not have CVAR?

Edited by ratchetmn

Not a problem, glad to see it's working :)

Please also read the second post in this sticky to add your GUID to your account.

EDIT- I just noticed it doesnt have an option to enable CVAR bans? Does BF2 not have CVAR?

Nope, it doesn't.

Ok sweet.

Where do I find my GUID?

Go into any PB enabled game and open console using the tilde ~ key.

Type in:

/pb_myguid and hit enter

The 32character output is your GUID. The last 8 digits will suffice, which you can enter directly into your profile without posting it here.

Just give us a shout when you've added it so that we can validate it ;)

We can't currently validate it because the IP you're posting from hasn't been used to play on that GUID on a streaming server yet.

If you could hop onto your (or any other) streaming server real quickly and post back, we should be able to validate it for you.

Weird. I only play BF2 and I have to reinstall. Ill be on later tonight I suppose. I did pull it from the Branzone control panel though with all the server logs and such.

Edited by ratchetmn

Sure, no rush, you can do it whenever. Just post back once you've done it. ;)

I did pull it from the Branzone control panel though with all the server logs and such.

I checked and the GUID definitely belongs to you, but we can't validate it until your IP has been used on it on a streaming server.

Technicality.

Alright thanks will do later tonight. BTW my ISP uses dynamic IP addresses. Will that affect weather or not the GUID gets approved? Or do I just have to post back later after I play a round and hope like hell the IP's are the same as the one I play under?

Edited by ratchetmn

Alright thanks will do later tonight. BTW my ISP uses dynamic IP addresses. Will that affect weather or not the GUID gets approved? Or do I just have to post back later after I play a round and hope like hell the IP's are the same as the one I play under?

All that is required is that the IP on the forum has been used on that GUID on a streaming server for validation purposes. A GUID generally always gets validated unless it doesn't belong to you or if it's banned.

After it's validated, it doesn't matter so you don't have to worry about your IPs changing.

Ok cool. Ill get that taken care of tonight then.

EDIT- Real quick how do I view MD5 bans and such for hack tools that get into the server. I have it setup to announce new bans. Is that logged some where? How do I view those?

Edited by ratchetmn

EDIT- Real quick how do I view MD5 bans and such for hack tools that get into the server. I have it setup to announce new bans. Is that logged some where? How do I view those?

All MD5 (and several other) violations are logged in the svviol.log file in the pb/svlogs folder on your server. Evenbalance violations and PB integrity failures are in the svcheat.log in the same folder.