Was I banned because someone stole my key?

ipoopfool

Well, I have been getting banned from like almost every server I go to recently, and after looking I found that my guid was banned here =(

Then I saw that more than half of my aliases were ones that I have never used and that the ip's and location were totally off 0.o

Was someone stealing/using my key without me knowing? And how can I get back to playing =(?

Edit:

Well yea, there is so much evidence and so many screen shots that when I asked for an appeal for this reason ^ that is got rejected =(

If that happened already, is there still a chance I can get my ban undone here?

(sorry first time here lol)

PSS:

... am I not supposed to show my guid here?.....

post-143761-1247616482_thumb.jpg

post-143761-1247616492_thumb.jpg

Edited by ipoopfool

It looks like your CD Key was stolen.

Nope, you can't get unbanned if your appeal is denied, as then the hacker can just start hacking again, and that would be unfair.

Might want to run your antivirus programs to check if viruses got into your computer (as the hacker may have gotten your key through that way.)

The only real way to get "unbanned" is to get another CD key.

It looks like your CD Key was stolen.

Nope, you can't get unbanned if your appeal is denied, as then the hacker can just start hacking again, and that would be unfair.

Might want to run your antivirus programs to check if viruses got into your computer (as the hacker may have gotten your key through that way.)

The only real way to get "unbanned" is to get another CD key.

... dam that sucks...

Also, I have norton internet security, and tons of internet savvy people say that it doesnt catch everything...

Could that be the problem?

( I, for one though, trust norton enough)

I really wouldn't trust Norton to protect your PC 100%...probably only 75% is protected and the rest is just garbage that can get hacked.

Also, did you buy your key from an online store? place that sells used games? or just a simple key without the CD? Because in all these cases the sellers always re-sells the keys to more buyer to make loads of money. All he really needs is one key and he can sell 20-30-40 copies of the game over and over....once he has his money he leaves.

So best way to play the game again is to get another good key from a know store (best buy wallmart futureshop etc..) that comes with a CD, that's the only way you know it's never been used before (cause it's still in it's package)

This. Always practice safe hex.

0000.o

and I have norton 09, spybot snd, and I bought cod4 on steam, but the first code did not work, so they either gave me another one or typed my current one out, and I typed that in, but it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when

that's why....steam is garbage and knowing them they would re-sell other keys....(that's why your first one didn't work...)

Steam is brilliant and completely legit :)

Norton is not bad in its 2009 iteration - the only people who say its shite are the people who have not actually tried it. If you have paid for it, or still have an active subscription, stick with it.

SpyBot is not so good - it has a lot of trouble picking up more recent stuff I have found. Try MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware - they are the best two out there. Shareware, but the free versions work just great - no need for on access spyware scans if you have Norton running. Just run those two once a week and they will clear out anything you get that Norton does not catch.

that's why....steam is garbage and knowing them they would re-sell other keys....(that's why your first one didn't work...)

Steam is better than anything I've ever used. And they don't resell keys.....