Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising

xX_Renegade_Xx

Just wondering if anyone else is getting this game, released on Friday 9th Oct (UK) so I've pre-ordered it, for those that don't know the game click the link below :)

Actually really looking forward to this game. I've been looking for a realism shooter in modern times after having played Red Orchestra into the ground :P

Like all games though, I'm a try-before-you-buy kind of guy, so I won't get it just yet.

just a warning this game is ported for console . there is no anticheat protection and the multiplayer is P2P , from what im reading its a real lag fest

Don't believe everything you read, from most of those put-downs of the game a lot of the players haven't even played it yet they put it down or try comparing it to MW2, no comparison, 2 completely different games. I'll make my own mind up when I receive the game which should be in about 4 hours time, woot :)

I'm enjoying it so far, its pretty good!

I'd like to be enjoying it except my delivery hasn't arrived today :angry:

I thought the whole point of pre-ordering was that you receive it on the day of release, saves you going into town and getting caught up in the traffic and the crowds, only to find the last copy has been sold, every game I've pre-ordered before has arrived on-time so I guess their's a first time for everything as they say, better be here tomorrow though!!

I'd like to be enjoying it except my delivery hasn't arrived today :angry:

I thought the whole point of pre-ordering was that you receive it on the day of release, saves you going into town and getting caught up in the traffic and the crowds, only to find the last copy has been sold, every game I've pre-ordered before has arrived on-time so I guess their's a first time for everything as they say, better be here tomorrow though!!

Did you order from Play.com? Their delivery can be pretty bad. I don't think they deliver on weekends, and the postal workers are striking again soon... :(

I did Duality yes, I received this 2 days ago:

Your order for Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising (with Play.com Exclusive 'Coastal Stronghold' Mission Unlock Code) has been posted.

This was sent to my e-mail address at 2.55am. I've always ordered from them and as far as I'm aware all the games I've pre-ordered have arrived on the day of release, maybe they had problems getting hold of this one but if that's the case why offer pre-order?

I hope it'll be here tomorrow otherwise I'll pre-order MW2 from elsewhere.

lol Wal-Mart says MW2 will arrive 7-10 after release if you pre-order

pre-order is so you can be pissed when you don't have it and your promised extras don't work

as for OFPDR

i am getting mixed reviews from buds that have played it so far

pre-order is so you can be pissed when you don't have it and your promised extras don't work

You got that right, I'm a tad annoyed ;)

It has some issues, a lot of things are missing.

Been checking out some forums too and seems a patch is on the way.

"Bonus" missions are a slap in the face too.

Not as complex control system as ArmA(2) but that can be seen as a plus for the majority of the time.

Averages a reasonable 60fps with everything at high 1920

OK, game delivered eventually and played a quick mission just to get used to the controls before I start the campaign, seems to run fine and it's nice to actually play on an 'open battlefield' rather than being limited to small maps and enclosed areas (COD4) and it's also more realistic when you can run 'through' a bush, yes I did say through, no going around that 2 inch bush anymore :lol:

All in all, quite pleased so far considering a few players have had problems.

Played for a little while now and currently on the 3rd mission of the campaign, few problems noticed so far, certain rocks can get you completely stuck and you have to go prone to rectify it, also remapping the use key to the 'enter' key is a big no-no as it keeps you inside the ammo crate but my biggest gripe is the AI is dumb as hell, I mean you can have a PLA approx 20 metres away and even though they're under fire and taking hits they will not open fire if you've given them a hold fire command :o

Now I may be a little wrong here but if any order means endangering your life you'd disobey it but nope not these idiots they just sit there and wait to die :lol:

Apart from that I'm finding it quite enjoyable and the beach storming is just awesome, really liking this mission :D

Now I may be a little wrong here but if any order means endangering your life you'd disobey it but nope not these idiots they just sit there and wait to die :lol:

Apart from that I'm finding it quite enjoyable and the beach storming is just awesome, really liking this mission :D

LMAO :)

I am likeing the game if you have problems with the online server you can still play online with your m8's by host lan game and give the I.P out 2 ya m8's and they will be able to join your server i have just tested it and works a treat.

If you are not sure what your I.P is go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ and it will tell you :)

I've been having a read of some of the posts by other players on the OFDR forum and seems some players can't even get it to run or it does run but then crashes, it's not perfect by any means and I've listed the bugs I've found so far on the OFDR forum but for all the problems it's still enjoyable, I just hope that it doesn't take the same route as FFOW (Frontlines - Fuel of War), myself and other clans abandoned that game soon after its release as the devs seemed to abandon the community completely :(

No 'new' game is perfect by any means, with so many possible configurations of PC's I'm sure some will and do get certain kinds of errors and crashes but if they can release a patch that 'at the very minimum' addresses some of the issues then that has to be a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

For those still following this game, I've been watching it closely since it's release and am awaiting anti-cheat and dedicated servers at the very least, Helios made a post recently:

Patch now in QA for testing, all going well I should have a final list of fixes on Friday.

Should hopefully get a list later today :)

Dont hold your Breath.

+1

Posted by Helios today:

Some issues were raised in the meeting resulting in us not being able to release the list today I'm afraid.

This won't result in any delay in the patch, but it does mean it will be early next week until I can release the final fix list.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

I don't mind the wait if they fix the issues but my patience has its limits ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The patch is out later today if anyone is interested, the CM website has details of the patch and map pack (free for PC) which was posted yesterday.

Personally, I'm done with this game, some of the PC community (Acog, TemplarGFX and the FWF Clan) have done more for this game over the last month than the devs themselves, the patch fixes only the bare minimum issues but a lot of things asked for were not even included, the PC will probably get another patch or two but the total number of players online recently was 150, this is a brand new game so that should tell the devs something, as it stands, multiplayer OFDR RIP!! :(

played it ....

raped it .....

fed up of the online multiplayer.... I spent 3 hours trying to play one game all the way through....

the single player was pretty exciting but I did a lot of team killing to get the sniper rifles lol

To be really honest, I wouldnt waste your money on this game.... not that its recommended but you should download this game as it doesnt use a CD key therefore you don't really "have" the need to purchase your own copy. Just ISO mount it :D