on master banlist cause of friend

Todes

Hello.

My best friend has been cheating while i was playing CoD at his house, and again at my house.

So i got on the master banlist without ever had a cheat touching my computer! and now i can't get into any league clans (which i'm pretty eager to)!

i'm just a tad pissed about it since i just found out about it, can you help me?'

my friend's name was Esben and my name is Andreas.. i go under the name of Todes in pretty much every game.

but please help me.. i'm desperat!

//Todes

Get your "friend" to buy you a new game cd.

Bans are placed by pbguid only, regardless of who was pushing the buttons at the time.

A valid violation will never be removed from the MBi.

you will have to get a new copy of the game with a clean cd-key/GUID

well.. it wasn't on my cd key.. he just happened to be in cheat mood when i was at his house for a LAN.. while playing on same server.

and a new friend

easy for you to say.. been friends with him for about..4-6 years? his pretty much only friend i got left and trusts.. (i know he've been cheating from his own cd-key and pc.. he told me after he got banned long ago).

anyways.. i can still join PBBan-servers ect. its mainly cause i tried to get into a clan in CoD4 and they told me i was on the master banlist.

and

that isn't me.. i'm danish

Join a pb_enabled server, then open your game's console to full screen. Your own pbguid will be listed there in bright-blue. Copy the last 8 characters down and post them here.

RW

Your personal GUID is clean. Linked to your buddy only by IP addresses. Fairly common given the nature of dynamic IP's in certain countries. When applying for a league, give them your own GUID, not just your player name. That way they'll get to the right information when doing a background check on you.

RW

• Upvote 1

Thanks alot RW, i'll tell the clan i tried to join about this and see if they'll reconcider!

(if they don't believe me i'll just link this to them)

i appreciate the help :) alot!

//Todes

Hello all.

I am from eXk|| and RA staff member.

The reason this has come about is i run his GUID and yes a banned key that is his friends is linked to him but when you look at the ip's and dates at least 1 of them is a positive match so this is the reason he was put on the SBL or to PBBans an EBL....

"well.. it wasn't on my cd key.. he just happened to be in cheat mood when i was at his house for a LAN.. while playing on same server."

With this just said also it there is a direct ip link and this is the reason he was placed on the RA's SBL

80.196.**.206 this is the positive matched ip that was used for lan gaming...

Edited by *EXK*Reaper

Bottom line to us, here is that he is not on our ban-list at PBBans. The one IP and a LAN party is something I can personally see happen, how-ever, how you choose to run your own clan, and your own leagues is none of my concern. That end will always be up to the administration at hand, it's not PBBans' position to ever say how those things go. How-ever, a simple search of just his GUID, unchecking linked aliases and IP addresses, which are the least two accurate search features, will lead you to one perfectly clean GUID, here. I'd bet a dollar said league used the linked features in their search. Their choice, as stated.

RW