Help! Friend in the same neighborhood banned for hacking

The_Sniper_NM

A real life friend account name "myride1" was banned for hacking

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-94245281-vb127163.html

Due to the small distance between our houses (<1 mile) when server admins search my name it's linked.

I had no idea this was going on because the clan I was in (had streaming admin) disbanded a few months ago. We actually disbanded because of this incident. tags=[CKW]

If I search as a public user, my main account (The_Sniper_NM) is clean.

Also, for some reason IP traces from bellsouth are not specific. It differs between Spartanburg and Greenville, SC when in reality I live >50 miles west of those cities.

We both have dynamic ips, and the same ISP.

Help?

Nothing to worry about, otherwise you would be in the restricted area.

The busted guid is only linked by the IP you guys shared, the shared IP is 65.4.138.16.

[EAF] Myride1_ used it on February 2008 and you on March 2009.

You are clean here, but possible that there are streaming admins out there, who would ban you from their server for having this linked busted guid. They don't take the time to look into it.

That's the issue, I've been banned multiple times because of this.

Last night on a Blackwater server and on an HBD gaming server a few months ago.

Edit: That alias is shown on my character because he came over to my house and logged into BF2 on my computer.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by The_Sniper_NM

Server admins have their own responsibility to do due-dilligence when searching the MPi link. Most often, with certain games, some server-admin get a bit ban-happy, and do not search just the GUID itself, which is ultimately all that matters. Names do not matter, as names can be duplicated/spoofed.

Go ahead and search my name in the MPi for gaming.

WT|RoadWarrior is the gaming name.

You'll find some fella in Brazil decided to copy my name, in COD4 and got banned for cheating. He has a different GUID. I can tell ya something, though....Being from Canada, if I manage to get to Brazil in my lifetime, for a holiday, gaming won't be on the itinerary. ;) I'll be out on the beaches staring at the topless women :P Doubtful I'd get banned for going there, as a result.

RW

Nothing to worry about, otherwise you would be in the restricted area.

The busted guid is only linked by the IP you guys shared, the shared IP is 65.4.138.16.

[EAF] Myride1_ used it on February 2008 and you on March 2009.

You are clean here, but possible that there are streaming admins out there, who would ban you from their server for having this linked busted guid. They don't take the time to look into it.

They used the same GUID 59b77c75

It's not just linked by IP. This is why some servers are banning him. Loaning his CD key to a local friend was not a good idea. He really should purchase a new CD key, or better yet have his hacker buddy buy him a new one.

He does seem to be telling 2 different stories though. In his ban appeal at HBD he says he loaned the guy his CD and on the pbban forums, in his "second" post, he says the guy logged in at his house? Well, which is it?

Edited by danno

• 1 month later...

They used the same GUID 59b77c75

It's not just linked by IP. This is why some servers are banning him. Loaning his CD key to a local friend was not a good idea. He really should purchase a new CD key, or better yet have his hacker buddy buy him a new one.

He does seem to be telling 2 different stories though. In his ban appeal at HBD he says he loaned the guy his CD and on the pbban forums, in his "second" post, he says the guy logged in at his house? Well, which is it?

Both. I let him use my CD key to create an account and play. He used it for one day only.

Both. I let him use my CD key to create an account and play. He used it for one day only.

the problem then is we now know that a known hacker has your cd-key

what is to prevent him from hacking on it as well?

classic leaked key

only a matter of time before your GUID is banned for actual cheating imho

the problem then is we now know that a known hacker has your cd-key

what is to prevent him from hacking on it as well?

classic leaked key

only a matter of time before your GUID is banned for actual cheating imho

What?... He only played at my house.

Besides, this was three years ago. He had only tried out hacks the weekend he got banned. I heard about it on ventrilo.

Please leave this thread if you are going to be quick to judge. My clan destroyed it self because of this.

What?... He only played at my house.

Besides, this was three years ago. He had only tried out hacks the weekend he got banned. I heard about it on ventrilo.

Please leave this thread if you are going to be quick to judge. My clan destroyed it self because of this.

Doesn't matter if he was testing hacks, doesn't matter if your clan destroyed itself, doesn't matter if it was three years ago...

It was used to hack and that's the end of it, your responsible for your own key, and your own computer.

FYI, might wanna keep your story straight, since it's changed quite a bit since your original post.

Edited by Piggy
  • Upvote 1

Not sure why a thread from october got revived but nevermind, as the guys above me have said your computer security and the security of your game keys is your own responsibility. Furthermore admins will check the MPI for themselves. If they don't believe your version of events, find a server where admins can intepret the MPI data more effectively. Also, "he was only testing" doesn't fly with anyone in the AC world.

No no no.

Let me set this straight.

April 2007- I start BF2.

Summer 2007- Being good friends, I had a small LAN party with him. I show him BF2. He likes it- Creates an account on my computer, using my current GUID.

Jan-Feb 2008- Myride1 buys his first copy of bf2 (currently banned)

Numerous LAN parties, sleep overs, etc happen, last one probably around March 2009 (last time he used my guid at MY house)

May 2009- I don't sympathize with him, believe me. He uses hacks and gets banned.

My copy/GUID never left my house. It's only been installed on my computer.

Edited by The_Sniper_NM

well crap like this does happen even if we try to be carefull, my daughter gave my wifes cod4 cdkey to a friend who at a lanparty who had forgotten his cdkey and he went and gave it around to his friends, when my mrs logged on and it said cdkey in use she went mad....

Mrs made her buy her a new copy that day for