pb kicking foinit failures, heartbeat stopped,handshakeing and loseing key

GoLdNutZ

ok i get kicked from my clans server for 60 min for loseing key packets...other servers for pb init failure on pb b file...i have done the lastest bpsetup and have a ticket at EB out looking for help but am not getting anywhere with that...can anyone help me or am i just doomed...!!!

ok i get kicked from my clans server for 60 min for loseing key packets...other servers for pb init failure on pb b file...i have done the lastest bpsetup and have a ticket at EB out looking for help but am not getting anywhere with that...can anyone help me or am i just doomed...!!!

Losing key packets sounds like a connection problem on your end, whens the last time you rebooted your modem?

And use this..

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

and/or

http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

Edited by .:EvL:.RedKilla

haha if you dont think i have looked for answers elsewhere then thats sad on your part...yes i used the pbsetup to update to the newest pb...deleted the pb file and ran it still am getting kicked...but it seems that the init failure and the loseing key packets are linked i first get kicked for pb init failure then handshaking and the heartbeat then loseing key packets...i got a ticket open and they need the /pb_logtofile and /pb_writecfg but have not gotten back to me yet....i think the only ppl that might be able to help me is eb ticket and thats sad...ive posted on atleast 10 diff forums and they all tell me to use the pbsetup like a broken record and pb_security 0 and prob everythnig else is going to tell me on these useless forums...

Like the answer above everything seems like a connection problem or a problem from your location to the server...try running a trace route from your computer to the server...

click on start

click on run

type in cmd then click ok

when the black box pops-up type in tracert and then your server ip and hit enter..

this is windows xp trace not sure if it is different on vista or windows 7

From time to time i have connection problems and most of the time it is just waiting till someone down the line fixes the problem...

• Upvote 3

I would suggest to check your firewall settings. Sometimes firewall keep blocking packets which results in loosing key packets or ignoring cvar queries kick.

You also might want to ping the server IP and see your connection between the server and your PC.

Type this in cmd line:

ping -t server IP.

Let it run for 10 mins and see if you have any packet loss. Sometimes bad server connection also triggers those kicks.

I hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Have you changed the maxpackets setting in the game's console? Open game, click ~ button, type in /com_maxpackets 100 and hit enter. Default setting for the game is 30(old dial-up relic). You can also add in console /cl_packetdup 1 or 2, try both. 1 is default. 2 just sends the packets to the server you're trying to connect too, a second time.

When updating pb, perhaps try this. Re-name your pb folder to pb_old. The create a brand new folder, drag/drop the pbsetup.exe file into it, and run it, and create from scratch, brand new pb-files for your game. The odd time, something has gone corrupt in the old folder and a normal update doesn't work, for what-ever reason. This has worked for me in the past. Hope that information is useful to you and fixes your problem. Keep us posted.

RW

• Upvote 1

ok well none of the cmd worded nothing ever happened when i entered them in...i have windows 7 so it might be different...my firewall is not blocking nething...and yes i do have maxpackets to 100 but ill try the packetdup....i have deleted the pb file all together and uninstalled pb and re installed it and rand pbset up and nothngi has worked still getting kicked...this might be a loseing battle..