Unban a ban made through punkbuster

iChaos

I recently had one of my admins on my server do some kind of ban where everytime I restart the server it reinforces the bans he made. He made the ban through Punkbuster, which I'm not incredibly familiar with.

How do I remove this ban? It says that the player cannot connect because their subnet or Ip is banned from the server.

Also, for future reference, how do I make this type of ban?

• Upvote 1

This command is used to ban a player from your server by IP:

PB_SV_BanMask [iP Address / Subnet Mask]

Permanently bans players from joining the server from the specified IP Address / Subnet Mask; for example: issuing PB_SV_BanMask "12.34." will cause PB to deny access to all players trying to join from an IP Address that begins with "12.34."; These bans are written to the pbbans.dat file just like bans issued with the PB_SV_Ban command

To unban him, use the command: PB_SV_UnBanMask [[iP Address / Subnet Mask]

• Upvote 1

To unban him, use the command: PB_SV_UnBanMask [[iP Address / Subnet Mask]

If I am not wrong their is no PB command like that. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I think all he can do is manually change the pbbans.dat file or use this command:

PB_SV_UnBan [slot #]

Unbans a player from the ban list stored in memory; use pb_sv_updbanfile to update the permanent ban file after using this command

PB_SV_UpdBanFile [optional filename]

Updates the specified ban file (pbbans.dat is used if none specified) with regard to recent unbans/rebans

Edited by hellreturn
  • Upvote 1

If I am not wrong their is no PB command like that. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I think all he can do is manually change the pbbans.dat file or use this command:

Your correct, you have to do it manually. :)