Hardware Ban

vanhero|zissou

Btw are you kicked from every PB enabled server?

TBH I havent found a server yet that I couldnt enter other than 10-78 and BH because they share info together but from what I have gathered from your forums is that if theyre not streaming or updating then their PB is allmost worthless for keeping hackers off. Why run PB if youre not going to update or stream?

So you can enter the server , right? And then you get message " .... Global Hardware Ban", right?

right .. from what i understand,DC is banned off any server that uses the PsB banlist

DC's pc was a used one but he formatted it and started fresh with no probs

the pbhack ban was raised after DC had some pc probs .. the symptoms of said probs lead me to believe it was a heat problem (either gfx or cpu)

DC did some tinkering with various programmes to try to overclock his system (even though he had probs :P )

conclusion - none of the above would induce a pbhack violation so we are missing exactly what triggered the violation .. a pbhack violation is normally when players raise a violation that corresponds to hacking or interfering with PunkBuster's normal operation, not being a cod person the one thing i have no clue about is the whitelist you mention, if someone could enlighten me please, tnx :)

from what has been posted thus far it seems its going round in circles with no solution in sight so that leaves 2 choices .. get a new cd key and begin gaming again or show some patience and let EB do their checks via the trouble ticket system .. the hard part for DC is reluctantly accepting the ban and starting fresh or waiting for EB to make a decision and accepting that decision regardless of the verdict but at the end of the day thats the choices on offer that i can see

So you can enter the server , right? And then you get message " .... Global Hardware Ban", right?

No sorry I have not found a server yet htat I can not play on except 10-78 and BH. I cant enter them at all. I get a you have been banned by the admin message. Perhaps your competition is slacking? You are right Fozzer theres nothing that can be done, Im a plumber and we have a saying about arguing with inspectors about our work and it somewhat applies here. Wresteling with an inspector is like wrestling apig in the mud, only difference is the pig enjoys it. I need to wait for EB to do their jobs. Thank You Fozzer DC

PS. the whitelist is only the stock files that came with UO, no mods no custom maps just the 8 or so stick files. PAM version for TWL, PB kicks you for whitelist violations thus disabling anyone to exe. files in their UO folder. It's the best idea they have come up with for competition but for a custom map gamer like myself, with over 300 maps and 8 diff. mods it can be hell. These PAM mod PB kicks also go to the repository. Like my svr rcon4, an rcon prog tha Ghost swore I wouldnt be kicked for. Sure thing Jana.

so 10-78 and BH are using PsB banlist .. you will find that any other server that is using their banlist will have you banned as well :)

lucky for you we dont share bans eh DC :D

the best tool for admin work is hlsw .. give it a try, and why not make a seperate install of cod:uo in a different place with just TWL settings etc and play off that when you need to ?

all pb kicks go to the repository but not all are bannable

pb is self updating so once its up and running it normally requires no update maintenance .. the one thing that does require attention is undetected hack cvars and md5 scans, some admins are lazy some are not, at the end of the day i know which servers i would prefer to play on

Woo Hoo they lifted my ban.

2 questions fozzer, PB doesnt have to look at the exact path C/program files/cod to find the UO folder? Seems if that were the case then it would kick me from TWL for having two UOs installed, Ill ask TWL its their whitelist.

2nd question after answering that I had not been kicked I decided to see if it were just the servers I was playing on. I got kicked but not wiht the usual PLAYER has been HW Banned I have seen so much of. What it said was a windows message, COD.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I tested it and it was only the PB servers. Is that a usual message or do I know have something else wrong with my comp. LMAO I actually turned that nos on again last night but only at 103%, some people never learn :o :blink: . Theres something wrong with BF2. thaks for your patience guys. DC

try renaming the servercache.dat file in your game's folder to some other name like "servercache.old1" and see if that fixes the problem. That file is used by multiplayer and if it gets corrupted it causes that error. The game will create a new one if one isn't there so you should be OK, but your favorites are stored in that file so keep that in mind.

when i played cod in the early days i had 2 installs that i used with different settings and had no probs

btw congrats on your ban removal .. see, patience did pay off after all :D