Hardware Ban

vanhero|zissou

Here is a screenshot of the error / ban

Now I don't know about you guys, but this guy isn't hacking.. I was over at his house and I installed ET on his computer. I ran it on the vanhero server.. and he get's a hardware ban... Now I'd like to know what he's violating on a fresh install of the game? Lift this ban please, or tell us why it was banned in the first place.

Thanks

vanhero|zissou

http://vanhero.com

Posted Image

Well first off, PBBans has nothing to do with hardware bans. Those are instituted by EvenBalance, the makers of Punkbuster. They institute a hardware ban when someone is caught trying to disable or disrupt PunkBuster itself. It could have been he cheated at another PB game, so once he has a Hardware ban, he is banned from all Punkbuster games. At any rate, you will have to take this up with EvenBalance, we have nothing to do with it.

www.evenbalance.com

• 8 months later...

The answer is No, there are no turnovers of the 130000 series bans, no justification by EB no proof and no examining of any evidence. Sooooo many are so quick to yell cheat or hack and I was once one of you untill three days ago when I recieved my 130236 Master Ban Index (MBI) Global Hardware ban.

I am the North American Leader of the clan 'HR^ Holy-Raiders, any of you that are in TWL CB will know of our reputation for fair play.

We play fair but EB is way below the books, heres some information that I have uncovered.

this is copied directly from my post at Holy-Raiders.com feel free to check it out for yourselves.

We fought for this?

http://www.pbbans.com/globalban.php

Pay close attention to the second notice about 1/3 the way down where it says anyone given a Hardware ban, the ban will span across all games inforced by PB meaning you will be banned on any game that has PB on it.

Then read this.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/64869

Particularly the third chapter , the italisized letters.

Translation : interfeering with the normal operation of PB. Landing you a HARDWARE BAN!!!

The banner atop the EB website reads, Cheater/hackers are like roaches they scurry when the light is turned on.

Well here I am EB, standing in my own spotlight. Where are you? DC aka 'HR^Conundrum

post-102131-1135064905.gif

No offense , but this is a PBBANS forum , not EB ...PBBANS didn't ban nor can they unban you...why complain here ? 1 other note, a hardware ban is only placed when you mess with your configs enough to the point that they are used as a hack...hence : hacking , they don't just hand them out for nothing....

Did you read the second link, Tim? Read it again .

You asked why post here? Because anyone that is reading these forums is obiously affected by PB and EvenBalance and should know how and why EB (please edit this for a better word screwing ) people. Reread the links and you will understand how EB is handing out HW bans to people for something as simple as a program or internet failure and yelling to the world hack hack hack and then closing the door on them not only through games they have purchase now but through any contract that EB may develop in the future.

I am not sking for support to prove my innocence, I can do that by myself. I am asking for support in forcing EB to be accountable for their own actions just as they are forcing us to be with ours. Tim is someone walked up to you on the street and called you a liar, cheat, hack, dishonest person would you stand for it or would you defend your character?

This is NOT by far the only forum I have posted on this topic and I will continue until EB comes out of ther dark corner their hiding in and faces me or the public. Which ever one they have the guts for. If it were you getting railroaded Tim, I would hope that you would not go silently into the night.

No sir, Im here to stay in the gaming community and bring public awarness to EBs actions.

I appreciate your forums as a way to voice to the community as EB provides no such thing. I am not attacking any of the listing agencies for PB allthough you people should be aware of what it is that you are enforcing.

Thank you again, Dan Smith

DC,

I appreciate your efforts in trying to get EvenBalance to see what you have to say...however, I have to disagree in your approach. There is no reason to chastise or bad mouth EvenBalance on these forums. While I can see you are trying to lay out the facts, you should start out slowly and explain your problem before you yell bloody murder.

I also think you are off base when it comes to Global Bans. Since the beginning of the use of PB, I have never received a Global Ban....especially for my sometimes piss poor internet connection. The only time I have ever seen the Global Ban issue was when my sof2 key file was corrupt and subsequently emptied.....PB assigned me a generic GUID, which just so happens to be on the Global Ban list as a "shared key".

Maybe what you could do is start off by explaining your unique problem, and not use these forums as a shouting box at EvenBalance (which btw, we support). Now, if you have any specific evidence to dictate that your problem is, in fact, valid and should be corrected. I will be glad to seek out my contacts at EvenBalance and have them look into it.

I hope that I am not offending you and that you see through the anger that you have....a bit more clearly....and are able to continue on posting here.

Rodeo

take a deep deep breath relax.pbbans is always rdy to help people if ur u explain ur problem in a polite manner.we all have connections and wouldlove to help if asked nicely.anyways good luck with ur problem.

I just watched 5 people in a row get kicked for mso's server for PB Hack #130263 and I screen shoitted them. It's still kicking them and theres no admin on to shut it down. I am in tears, I knew I hadn't done anything wrong.

They still will not listen to me.

Bummer it only got the last one, I guess f12 doesnt work with the console open. Its ok I am heading back there and recording a demo. Lets see EB stay quiet now.

I would speel out my case to you but with recent developments I don't think theres any need to keep defending myself.

post-102131-1135119779.jpg

MAYHEMJAMMER I wrote 2 EB but they did not repy? i told taht u had never chets and my pc is new , and im playing in clan in clanbase so its very hard situation 4 clan , im waiting one weak and nothink...

CoD PB Kicks (Dec 20, 2005)

Due to a glitch on one of our Master servers during the past hour, many CoD players are getting kicked for violation #130263. The problem at the Master has been corrected and PB enabled CoD servers will stop kicking for this within an hour as they auto-refresh their cache of PB files. We encourage admins to ignore #130263 violations that are raised today. For more information: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-cod.php

Wladglad my case has finally been adressed and is being looked at. I have learned throughout this process that you not only have to be very specific in what you say or ask but also you have to start at the beginning and work your way to the end.

If you are on the Master Ban Index (MBI) you shold file a ticket with whomever the reporting agency id that placed you there or possibly PBBans could assist you there. once you have filed a ticket they will instruct you through some technical jargain that I didn't at first understand, to procede to evenbalance.com and post a ticket there to ask them for assistance in clearing your name. This the most important part you must post the first ticket number and the agency on the EB ticket or they will not help you. the e-mail you sent will probably be ignored if it does not have a ticket number on it. If you need any help with this you can reach me at msn messenger [email protected]. They are slow to reply but be patient, they will reply. Dan Smith.

Here is a screenshot of the error / ban

Now I don't know about you guys, but this guy isn't hacking.. I was over at his house and I installed ET on his computer. I ran it on the vanhero server.. and he get's a hardware ban... Now I'd like to know what he's violating on a fresh install of the game? Lift this ban please, or tell us why it was banned in the first place.

Thanks

vanhero|zissou

a hardware ban means just that, a fresh install of a game does not circumvent a hardware ban and the only recourse after getting a hardware ban is via the evenbalance trouble ticket system

https://ssl.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/

Aye man, the hardware bans are global meaning that he could have incurred the ban on any game that PB runs on and if he has a HW ban that means it spans across all PB games. Good luck with that mate, is his comp used? It wont help if it is I am just curious. DC

I'm still here mates, still waiting on EB. I'm afraid I don't quite understand if they can recreate the kick on a server how they don't know what caused it. Seems as simple as looking at their config and changing the problem. Why am I held accountable for their mistakes? Why am I osterasized (spell check) from the gaming comunity because PB has a glictch in their system that acuuses innocent people of hacking? Why am I asked to wait patiently until they can figure out their mistakes while my name is still in bold type as a lesser person on the Master Ban Index (MBI). These are all questions I would like to ask EB but I know they would only cut off and further communications and tag me as a flamer. Im not mad, I'm disapoined in a system i once believed in and in the communities ignorance towards any actions of PB and Even Balalnce, including my own negligence. DC

• 2 weeks later...

I am still here gentlemen, 1 month after my kick. We all know how easy it would be for me to purchase another cd key from EA, change my gaming name and IP and get on with my gaming. I spend a minimum of 6 hours a night reading you forums, PsBs forums and MoO clans forums searching for an answer to my case.

Ask yourselves this, why is this guy still here? Why is he so against giving into EB? How long will he continue to fight for his name?

How many more people are there like me that just roll over and spend more money to fund another false positive for EB? I wont do it, theyre wrong and need to admit it. The glitch that was reported and released of all action has been kicking people individually for some time now. Check their data base the numbers you find will support my accusation. I am tired, my left eyes is permenantly bloodshot and I have migrains from reading. What will it take for the truth? DC

AFAIK if someone was banned by mistake , he was unbanned. And as you've told , you'd bought PC components via eBay. That can be a problem. Maybe you've bought banned hardware.

Ask yourselves this, why is this guy still here?

Prolly he needs to whine. We had here one guy that was trying to appeal his ban 5 or more times and he was a cheater.

Why is he so against giving into EB?

No idea. EB is doing great job.

How long will he continue to fight for his name?

Till we ban him from this forum for whining.

AFAIK if someone was banned by mistake , he was unbanned. And as you've told , you'd bought PC components via eBay.

Prolly he needs to whine. We had here one guy that was trying to appeal his ban 5 or more times and he was a cheater.

No idea. EB is doing great job.

Till we ban him from this forum for whining.

I am only here seeking the truth, you would ban me for that? "That can be a problem. Maybe you've bought banned hardware." No that's not it or I would have a Global HW ban and not just a ban.

Heres a copy of my ticket, read lines 3 5 and 7 and see for yourself if Stuart did not agree that this is not my ban, but then he just ignored me. You are right, I need to take this somewhere else. I am only here becasue I thought you people were interested in the truth.

01/12/2006 02:43:14 - "Dan Smith"

Note #15: Still waiting, got my twl letter today saying i was banned fo ra year Hows the test build coming?

01/11/2006 03:14:30 - "Dan Smith"

Note #14: I'm still here.

01/08/2006 21:40:42 - "Dan Smith"

Note #13: I know you are a busy man and I am aware of the gravity of my next request. Could you please keep me informed of the status or progress of my case. You earlier said that you would be creating a test build. I would very much like to be one of the people using the build if it is not offered to everyone. I have been activly pursuing the 130236 around the world and I am very interested to see what develops and to become more involved with PB in the future, ignorance is not bliss it's just lazy. Thank You, Dan Smith.

01/03/2006 03:30:30 - "Dan Smith"

Note #12: What has happened to my main/pak5.pk3? I can now no longer run my own server or view any of the 800 videos I have taken over the year? How is the test coming? I have lost all credibility with my clan and now is the worst time for it to happen. I want to kick a member for hacking and no one respects my opinion any more.

01/02/2006 12:30:01 - "Dan Smith"

Note #11: Happy New Year!! I know Im a day late, I have the flu and was in bed most of yesterday. DC

12/26/2005 14:48:43 - "Dan Smith"

Note #10: OK, thank you for your fast reply, I hopy you had a good X-mas.

12/26/2005 14:28:57 - "Stuart Dunsmore"

Note #9: I am of the same opinion, but I don't see any testing being done until after the holidays and I am back at my gaming machine and server box.

12/26/2005 14:09:50 - "Dan Smith"

Note #8: How long is the test build going to take? I am aware of posts that are over four months old and another from 2004 stating the glitches of of PB Hack #130236. I do not have a problem being a guinea pig for testing to figure out what is wrong with your system but I would like my name removed from the Master Ban Index (MBI). You and I both know that this is a PB problem and I am no hacker. I am willing to do whatever it takes to clear my name and the name of others accused by the 130236 so lets get this done.

12/21/2005 15:00:01 - "Stuart Dunsmore"

Note #7: yes, great, thanks. I'll contact you when I have a test build for you to use that will tell me WHY you are getting kicked.

12/21/2005 02:04:47 - "Dan Smith"

Note #6: I have been kicked three times now, am I done here should I leave the server?

12/21/2005 01:38:01 - "Stuart Dunsmore"

Note #5: For the kick it should not. Both CoD and UO users were kicked alike.

12/21/2005 00:52:50 - "Dan Smith"

Note #4: does it matter that I was running UO? I will connect in any case

12/21/2005 00:50:54 - "Stuart Dunsmore"

Note #3: Sure, please connect to my server here:

IP:69.150.138.170

PW:pbtest

it's vanilla CoD. See if you can get kicked, it's running the same setup that was causing issues for others today.

12/21/2005 00:42:25 - "Dan Smith"

Note #2: PsB has sent me directly to you, PsB ticket #1570. They said I need to work with you to try to reproduce the kick without any hack running on my comp. I am under the impression that this particular violation does not actually involve a hack but more a communication od data transfer issue. In any reguards i will be happy to work with you in an effort to clear this up, thank you Dan Smith.

12/17/2005 18:09:12 - "Dan Smith"

Note #1: Ticket submitted to support staff.

He is of the same opinion. So why no test build or removal of my name, why no further conversation. This i smy last post. There is no justice to be found here. DC

if you dont have hw ban, why do you post in "Hardware Ban" thread? :wacko1:

If you want to lift your ban , use ban appeal. AFAIK even if we clean your GUID, information about PB Hack will stay there because we never modify repository logs.

And about EB ignorance. They are not ignoring you. You just have to wait .... Believe me I know this.

who in their right mind would buy a used pc then not format it (after taking a quick peek for any educational stuff that may be hidden on there :P )

you did format ... right ? ... if so all that is on there is self inflicted

I recieved my 130236 Master Ban Index (MBI) Global Hardware ban.

No that's not it or I would have a Global HW ban and not just a ban.

what is it ..a global hardware or plain old ban ?

link ?

point of info .. any genuine pb catch will only be removed if evenbalance mail to say a mistake has been made

after reading all this click me

my one thought was ...unbelievable

Im sorry I am an idiot. It is a reg ban and should not have been posted here. http://www.punksbusted.com/cgi-bin/members...f6&query=Search

what I said last night wasnt true either, you guys have been the only good thing about this entire process. Im sorry if I offended you. When I feel like Im being ignored I do things that I usually regret. Having my given name now on the TWL website has got me a little off my game as well. Im feeling backed into a corner. I am sorry again, I will refrain from posting derogatory posts.

Soemone asked anything weird that had happened before the kick so I wrote that letter to [email protected] which I am told is no longer active, its all true and yes I self inflict alot, including in real life. I have a bottle of loratabs on hand at all times. Yes I had to reformat becasue the comp came damaged ad I had to do a big long insurence claim. I started with bios and cleaned everything from there. Dan Smith