Bad Company 2 Backend Issues

Live

Figured I'd let everyone know that a majority of providers are experiencing issues with the backend connection of Bad Company 2 servers to EA/Dice. There are a few providers not having issues other than the servers crashed for a few minutes.

This isn't something that the providers are able to do anything about until the backend has been rebooted or the error corrected.

Thankfully this is another issue that hasn't affected the servers I'm running but I do ask you all to remain patient as there isn't much your provider can do when it isn't something that they can control.

Got this about 6 hours ago from Rackage:

I'm sure most of you have found your servers offline/grayed out or lagging.

The master server went down earlier tonight and since then a lot are unable to get back on it.

the more people restart the worst the problem will get.

If you cannot get your server in the browser stop it for 30 minutes to allow it to drop off the master server list and try again.

rinse and repeat (sorry)

EA have already said they are on holiday this weekend so we can't find out of they are aware of the issue.

Could this be causing the slow motion effect?

I've never seen this is any other game but only on certain servers I will be playing for approx 5-10 mins and then it will seem like my player is running in slow motion, it then disappears and 5-10 mins later it's back.

I have to leave the server as it becomes unplayable and rejoining does not help, seems to be only certain servers.

Rackage are saying Master Server issue should be fixed now and advising a restart:

The master server issue should be resolved, a restart should get your server online again.

Could this be causing the slow motion effect?

I've never seen this is any other game but only on certain servers I will be playing for approx 5-10 mins and then it will seem like my player is running in slow motion, it then disappears and 5-10 mins later it's back.

I have to leave the server as it becomes unplayable and rejoining does not help, seems to be only certain servers.

The cause of that for quite a few providers is as of yet unknown and there are quite a few providers that have that issue. There are some that haven't experienced either but that is a very small minority. There doesn't seem to any common denominator that is causing or enabling the problem to arise.

• Upvote 1

The cause of that for quite a few providers is as of yet unknown and there are quite a few providers that have that issue. There are some that haven't experienced either but that is a very small minority. There doesn't seem to any common denominator that is causing or enabling the problem to arise.

That makes sense, it's only certain servers that I've played on and it comes and goes every few minutes, thanks :)