Why MW2 never had Dedicated Servers

MaydaX

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10195/

Can't sell maps if you have people making and hosting them for free. Guess with the increasing number of IW employees jumping ship they need to milk mw2 before no one is left.

And the best part is all the screenshots on the steam store are from the xbox360 version.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10195/

Can't sell maps if you have people making and hosting them for free. Guess with the increasing number of IW employees jumping ship they need to milk mw2 before no one is left.

And the best part is all the screenshots on the steam store are from the xbox360 version.

Unbelievable......this marks the 1st time they have CHARGED for DLC for any COD game for the PC. Talk about knifing the people that made you in the back.

Never bought that POS and certainly won't be downloading their "content"... Greedy pieces of garbage, plain and simple. To all the alleged "boycotters" that bought the game; lame, just so lame. I guess this is payback.

Never bought it myself thankfully. I do have a question though...

If you are a PC player and you don't buy the DLC.. would you still be able to play multiplayer? If you could still play, I suppose it would be a bit pointless as everyone would be playing the new maps/content anyway.

Never bought it myself thankfully. I do have a question though...

If you are a PC player and you don't buy the DLC.. would you still be able to play multiplayer? If you could still play, I suppose it would be a bit pointless as everyone would be playing the new maps/content anyway.

I imagine you'll still be able to play MP, just not on the new maps. I think a lot of PC players won't buy the DLC, and even if they will, new stuff gets boring quite quickly. In a few weeks, everyone will probably be back on the stock maps after having played the new ones to death

I stuck to my guns and didn't buy it. The cracked download for the SP was ok, but nothing stellar enough to write a letter home about. IW wants to line it's pockets, you see staff jumping ship, and they will likely lose more staff before the next COD is released. Better hope Treyarch are smart enough to release a decent PC version of it with dedi-files, or that entire series will be dead to PC-gamers everywhere.

Here's to the next MOH!